The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this little beauty from the watch collector a few weeks ago and decided to take it for a test to see if it worked.
Pretty happy. The measurements are pretty accurate in these low depths and was surprised how fun it was to measure depths even while snorkeling.
Also really impressed with the log summary post.

I've uploaded a video it's pretty shaky but made me smile.

http://youtu.be/1Dm0kv7qsU8

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I received 2 more aqualands yesterday. I seem to have a collection now.

I will take them all for a dive and see which one I like the most.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Very nice! It's rare to see numbers on the dial of an analog Aqualand. I've always liked the windows in the hands of the Duplex. Citizen had great designs with these watches. Whoever designed them must now be gone :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice! It's rare to see numbers on the dial of an analog Aqualand. I've always liked the windows in the hands of the Duplex. Citizen had great designs with these watches. Whoever designed them must now be gone :(

Agree 100% I am thinking of writing a letter to that design team at citizen and asking them to make and eco-drive based on the Aqualand that's not massive but still 43-48mm and wouldn't look ridiculous on the normal clothes.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The Aqualand Duplexes are decent watches, and real diver's tools, even in the age of dive computers. I've had two of the Ti models and enjoyed them (still have one). They are a bargain on the used market. Both of mine were eventually sent to Citizen of America for service and the turnaround time, quality of work and cost were pleasant surprises: About $75 for all new gaskets, new crystal, and a battery change (and a new crown in one case), plus a pressure test.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Decided to put shark mesh on the classic style duplex this morning. Pretty happy.
I never thought I would enjoy using the features of a watch as much as I have with the aqualand.
Even after a surf it gives me a readout of how deep I've gone (usually after being dumped)
It indirectly gives me a log of how heavy the surf was.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, my initial attraction to the Citizen watches was that they weren't overly huge - my first was s navihawk promaster in 1996, still have it and it still works great. The newest Aqualand is like wearing a jar lid on your wrist... I suppose I could wear it on a chain around my neck like flavor flav!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, my initial attraction to the Citizen watches was that they weren't overly huge - my first was s navihawk promaster in 1996, still have it and it still works great. The newest Aqualand is like wearing a jar lid on your wrist... I suppose I could wear it on a chain around my neck like flavor flav!

Yeaahh Boy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts