The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on the forum and I hope I am in the right spot.

My Citizen Eco Drive AT0200-05E with H500M movement crystal broke. I successfully removed and replaced the movement and crystal and now nearly finished with this project with one exception...

In re-seating the setting stem, I push the "setting lever" and press the stem into its seat and can feel a slight click when the stem locks in place. However, with the stem fully depressed into its closed position, I can still rotate the stem and wind the watch hands as when setting the time.

Must be something simple I'm missing and hope someone here with knowledge of this movement can provide the answer. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone has any insight into re-inserting the winding stem on this Citizen I would be extremely grateful.

When I push it back in to the movement I can feel it click and lock. However, when I turn the crown it moves the hands as if the stem is in the middle position. When I pull the crown out to what "should be" the second position, the stem comes out from the movement. Obviously the stem is not locking fully into the closed position but I can't figure what is keeping it from doing so.

Thank you!

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Stem , setting lever, clutch wheel misaligned. Try turning watch upside down and re-insert, or wiggle stem while inserting ( use a loupe to check alignment). Or a partial stripdown will be needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stem , setting lever, clutch wheel misaligned. Try turning watch upside down and re-insert, or wiggle stem while inserting ( use a loupe to check alignment). Or a partial stripdown will be needed.
Thank you very much for your insight! I truly appreciate it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts