1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand: Citizen
Model: BL1181-56LT

Movement: cal. E760 (PC)
Case: Stainles steel, polished fixed bezel, screw-in back (WR100)
Crystal: Sapphire without anti-glare coating. In combination with the polished bezel, you could probably send morse code light signals on a sunny day.
Bezel: Fixed.
Crown: at 3:00, raised-shoulder protected, non screw-down.
Dial: Blue,Guilloche. Gives off a jewel-like appearance in certain lighting. (Related models were sold with black and white dials.)
A magnifying cyclops over the date window improves reading a miniscule date similar to those found on many EcoDrives.
Features: PC (once set, date automatically adjusts for months with less than 31 days and leap-year Februarys to year 2099),
power save modes 1 and 2, overcharge prevention function, low-power warning function, independent hour-hand adjustment. I find the handiest feature to be the independent hour-hand adjustment which allows for setting the hour-hand forward or backward in one-hour increments without disturbing the minute hand. Handy for DST changes or when passing through different time zones.
Hands: Semi-skeleton with lume at tips. The only lume is at the tips of the hour/minute hands. Definitely not a night-viewer.
Bracelet: Solid-link, integrated, with alternating polished and brushed surfaces. Hidden butterfly, push-button deployant.
Accuracy: Usual quartz. I'm not a stickler for time-to-the-second and +/- a minute is fine for my purposes. I've not had to reset the time on this one, except for DST, in near 5 years of ownership.
Charging: As with any EcoDrive, exposure to ambient light keeps it charged and running. Storing it for long periods in a dark environment would probably eventually deplete the charge. (Though the manufacturer claims a 5-year power-reserve when fully charged.)

Think this model is discontiued. (Once carried by known ebay vendor Capitalmall). Would classify this as a dress watch, though, IMHO, could be worn for any non-heavy-work occasion. Is fairly heavy for a relatively thin-cased watch, and the weight keeps the watch in place on the wrist while the bracelet is worn loosely.

Pics: Only one I have and a poor one at that.

1/11/10 updated pic below

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts