The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Years ago, I got my wife a really cool looking Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium watch from a seller on eBay. It seems that the battery\capacitor has died, and I am really at a loss as to how to open this baby up.

The face of the watch is marked as follows:

NE030-H46271HA

The back of the watch is marked as follows:

E030-H26425
GN 4W UL
Japan 090115

Any advise, ridicule or name calling is appreciated. Also, should I just leave this one to the professionals to take care of.

Ron

·
Registered
354 Posts
Idk if you have a reputable watch guy but mine does all the work for the jewelers in town and charges very little to do things like this. Although he may ridicule you because he hates eco-drive lol.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
If it is like the WR100's everything comes out from the front.
I had these and got rid of them because they are a real pain.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Yes they are one piece case front loaders. I received an empty case in a lot of watches a long time ago and I still have it. From the looks of it comes apart by first removing the rotating bezel. The glass is not pressed into the case. It is designed like some of the old Seiko Lordmatics. The glass is bonded to a metal ring that drop in the case and if I remember correctly it is held in place with a lock ring that will be accessible once you remove the rotating bezel. I can't remember exactly how the rotating bezel is released but I am 100% positive the glass is bonded to a heavy metal ring that slides down in the case. Mine had no seal but I would have to think there is some sort of seal that either goes on the ring that the glass is bonded to or sits in the case. With the Seiko one piece case you need a case knife and find the notch in the ring that the glass is bonded to and carefully work the case knife around a little at a time until it lifts up high enough. once it is high enough it should pop out then by pulling the crown out a tab should appear from under the edge of the dial. Some light downward pressure should release the stem and the movement should then fall out of the case.

Michael

·
Registered
845 Posts
If your wife likes the watch, leave it to the professionals. Once you get it opened and the movement out, you've got to replace the cell without disturbing the hands/dial. Checking function, current consumption and re-charging circuit would be part of this activity as well. As killsnapz wrote, bezel/crystal is removed to remove the movement. A crystal lift will not work with mineral glass or sapphire (but you will ruin the teeth on the lift trying). Info on E030 is here: http://www.thewatchsite.com/d1/files/Citizen Technical Manuals/E030.pdf
Regards, BG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Once I got the bezel off the watch, and tried to push the little lever down, I could not get the stem to come out. I figure it is probably best that I send it back to the factory and let them handle the issues.

Thanks for all the advice and for the link to the .PDF.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts