The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received a citizen Eco Drive watch, not sure what the model is (it has a black face and three smaller faces with a metal wristband). In one of the small faces you can see the charge level and mine is always stuck in the dead center. The charge level is separated into three bars, and I am wondering if this watch is broken since it never changes. Otherwise the watch is working fine from what I can tell. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
If it works - it's not broken.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Seems normal from what I am reading online. The power reserve on them is typically 180 days but can be anything from 45 days to 5 years! So chances are you wont notice any change for a while. They state in the manuals that you should not leave it in direct sunlight such as on your cars dash but if the indicator does not move it could just be down to the fact the watch is not getting enough natural light. As 7s26b so eloquently stated if it's working chances are it's ok.

·
Registered
29,364 Posts
JMHO, but if it's keeping accurate time and the second hand is not moving in two-second increments no worries unless you intended to store it in a dark drawer (which IMHO is a no-no for any solar watch).

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Make a little ...........

I made a nice little ........ " Mystery Shelf" , by my window that gets the
morning and daily sun. People say to me that's a nice shelf but why is it
there ? I say that where the my watch come and sit and talk to me while they
catch the sun during the day. Its not a sudden look of it being there but I built
it into the area on the wall and it looks unique.
Then I place my Echo Drives on it and they put on their Swim Suits and catch the sun
and charge up good. Its decorated with a long ( 3 D ) Picture of a ................
" Top Fuel Dragster Burning Out ".

·
Registered
29,364 Posts
I made a nice little ........ " Mystery Shelf" , by my window that gets the
morning and daily sun. People say to me that's a nice shelf but why is it
there ? I say that where the my watch come and sit and talk to me while they
catch the sun during the day. Its not a sudden look of it being there but I built
it into the area on the wall and it looks unique.
Then I place my Echo Drives on it and they put on their Swim Suits and catch the sun
and charge up good. Its decorated with a long ( 3 D ) Picture of a ................
" Top Fuel Dragster Burning Out ".
While Eco-Drives charge more fully with sunlight, I've found that they keep going strongly just "hanging around" with normal daylight and some ordinary lamplight in the evenings. Just don't stick them in a dark drawer or box and they'll keep working for you.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Thats Great also ......

Thank you very much for the added information given. I will now change my system to what you have said and follow their doings. I always thought that they needed constant sunshine to keep going, but I also leave them in the natural room light for some time, and that's the point given also.
I have the boxes, but hesitate to enclose them due to what you have said also. So they just sit around with each other.
Thank you again Sir for much needed information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update (I think the post may have expired), the charge level went way up today while I was in the sun most of the day, so there is the answer :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Slightly off topic... my apologies... but I have a mid 90's Citizen C605 Titanium World Time that I absolutely love. Problem is that it is no longer holding a charge for more than a day. I've seen mention that "BenchGuy" may be able to replace the capacitor in these eco-drives? Or any other recommendations. Please contact me PM or robert at ngckadena.jp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts