Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Looking at a citizen model BN0085-01E.

I would like to know what are the positives and negatives are
The watch will be used when at the beach or off shore fishing

I have the BN0151-09L Promaster*which is very similar to the model you are inquiring about. You'll be hard pressed to find any negatives about these affordable diver's watches. The EcoDrive movement is very accurate and dependable and never needs battery changes. They have very good line also. I highly recommend picking one up. It should serve you well and if you catch a big shark and he bites your arm off, losing the watch will not bother you at all. :)

Sent from my Z916BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I have the BN0151-09L Promaster*which is very similar to the model you are inquiring about. You'll be hard pressed to find any negatives about these affordable diver's watches. The EcoDrive movement is very accurate and dependable and never needs battery changes. They have very good line also. I highly recommend picking one up. It should serve you well and if you catch a big shark and he bites your arm off, losing the watch will not bother you at all. :)

I meant they have very good lume, spell check changed it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hahahahaha. Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
25,688 Posts
All the watch you'll ever need :)

Reactions: Striper05

·
Registered
25,688 Posts
Any suggestions on a replacement strap for it?
I bought one while out of town and will pick it up Monday at the post office

You won't want any other strap ;) Soft and comfy, Doesn't collect dust...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Bit the bullet and picked one up from jomashop last week
I’m very happy with the purchase
And the band is as you said surprisingly comfy. I’m not a big fan of rubber bands but this one is nice. I’m also going to purchase a nato band or 2 for it as well

·
Registered
447 Posts
That looks really nice - unique hands, looks like really good lume, and a nice looking bezel.

I'm going to guess that aftermarket straps and/or NATO straps will leave a bit of a gap next to the case - hard to tell where the springbar attaches in those lugs - but that never bothered me all that much. Nice choice.

I've had a BL-series Perp. Calendar desk diver for 17 years, and the first 12 - 15 years were flawless and maintenance free. That watch has been from boardrooms to factories to planting trees in the yard or playing at the beach without a problem. I probably owe it a new capacitor and seals at this point...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking at a citizen model BN0085-01E.

I would like to know what are the positives and negatives are
The watch will be used when at the beach or off shore fishing

I have the BN0151-09L Promaster*which is very similar to the model you are inquiring about. You'll be hard pressed to find any negatives about these affordable diver's watches. The EcoDrive movement is very accurate and dependable and never needs battery changes. They have very good line also. I highly recommend picking one up. It should serve you well and if you catch a big shark and he bites your arm off, losing the watch will not bother you at all. /images/smilies/smiley.gif

I have the same bn0151
Nice watch
Very well balanced
The bezel action is good and aligned well
But the crown threads is very thin and weak..i am afraid it will not last for many years ..
It is not like the threads of my seiko monster..or my ecozilla ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts