The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
33,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up today and cleaned it up a little and a new battery and it seems to be running but the hour and min hand just spin round continues and i have pressed every combination of the buttons i can (I think) and they are still spinning, is it a fault or setting ? thanks.

·
Administrator
33,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that i am impressed, still can't stop the H/M hand from flying round but i will keep playing.

·
Administrator
33,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i give up i need expert Citizen advice, i have spent a unholy amount of time on this nice little citizen today as it is of [glow=red,2,300]GREAT[/glow] sentimental value but still i can't stop the H/M hands from flying round at speed, hour hand goes round about a full turn every one min, all other functions working fine and setting fine, quite a nice watch really, any one got any ideas ?? :'(

ps: It has great sentimental value to me as my wife spotted it at our car boot this morning and pointed it out to me and was there when the guy asked for £4 for it and as i said to her "see dearest non of my watches cost over £5", plus what a bonus SHE looked for a watch !!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
It would seem that the Analogue Set button 'A' (recessed at the 8 o'clock position) is stuck in the 'pressed in' condition. This button adjusts the analogue hands -- pressing it for more than 1 second causes the hands to move round quickly. When you're near the desired position, further quick presses on button 'A' advances the hands by 20 seconds per push.

I'd hazard a conjecture that it's years of grime around that button that's causing it to stick. Remove the movement from the case to clean around the button, and also to check out the switch spring mechanism. Good luck!

·
Administrator
33,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Les that was one of my thoughts but it is spotless in that area and the spring is springing like a goodun !!! really :'( frustrating ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi ...
Your cal. No 8944...Very interesting model.
Owner's manual will give you some insight, but that's not all ...
A full description - with photos of all the features of Citizen Ana Digi Temp - Cal No 8980-8988 including how to set time - Synchronize Analog and Digital watch, you will find on :
CITIZEN Ana Digi Temp : http://365d24h60m.com

Regards
Citizen Expert

1 - 9 of 9 Posts