The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Recently my father passed away and when going through his things I found his Citizen watch he wore through my childhood. Now I am trying to figure out what I got. So far I can't find the exact model dad had online. But I DID find this forum.

The back of the watch has these markings.

In a circle around the centre it reads:
WATER RESISTANT/BASE METAL TOP/STAINLESS STEEL BACK

Then in the centre of the back it reads:
CITIZEN
WATCH CO.
4-096355K
GN-4-S
SO-1336
JAPAN
CCP

I found a 1977 catalog online (the serial number suggests the watch was produced in June 1977). Which makes this a plausible gift from mom to dad for my birth. I can't find the exact match but it looks like an LC-9060 1529-71 in that catalog (p54). My band is different and the case also has tabs and is not straight where the band goes into the case. Also minor detail is that ALL the text on the front is yellow, including the little button layout schematic.

This watch has huge sentimental values to me and I will never part with it.

The ONLY photograph I can find online of this watch is on flickr.

I want to get this watch back to it's former glory and will send this into CITIZEN for a full makeover.

Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
100%. I need to make 5 posts before I can post photos and or links though :) 2/5

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured out it wasn't SO-1336 on the back but 50-1336.
Which is the model number I presume?

I haven't found any other leads on this exact watch. Or found any other pictures of this model online. I would LOVE to learn more about this thing.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Decided against restoration. Every ding, scratch and scrape was done by dad. I am going to wear it as is because this darn thing works beautifully!:grin:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts