The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an old Citizen I got free from a friend (cause it don't work).

I have figured out that the cap is all but dead, so I know that I'll have to replace that. I would also like to replace the crystal as it is pretty messed up (looks like it was polished badly).

Here are the specs.
Citizen Solar Tech 180
Case back 7871-H10252 Y GN-4-S
My research shows it takes cap 295-56 and Citizen crystal 54-L6555A

The question is where do I get the crystal and is there an aftermarket that will work just fine?

Looks like a standard flat mineral about 27.3mm and about 1mm thick.

Can you guys confirm?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
hello welcome to the forum....i would suggest putting a want to buy in the trading post...that way more people will see it...pics will help too

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Hey guys,

I have an old Citizen I got free from a friend (cause it don't work).

I have figured out that the cap is all but dead, so I know that I'll have to replace that. I would also like to replace the crystal as it is pretty messed up (looks like it was polished badly).

Here are the specs.
Citizen Solar Tech 180
Case back 7871-H10252 Y GN-4-S
My research shows it takes cap 295-56 and Citizen crystal 54-L6555A

The question is where do I get the crystal and is there an aftermarket that will work just fine?

Looks like a standard flat mineral about 27.3mm and about 1mm thick.

Can you guys confirm?

Thanks

Hi:)
Unless its domed or raised then a generic glass will fit. Just glue it in.
Esslinger et al will be able to supply one.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Use plumber's silicone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there a way to make sense of the Citizen part number?

There is some pretty comprehensive information about deciphering the Seiko crystal numbers (found on this forum.)

What about Citizen?

For example: Is there anything in the part number "54-L6555A" that would indicate that it is ~27.3mm and ~1mm thick?

It doesn't look like it, but I thought I'd ask. Maybe there's a reference chart somewhere.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Not wishing to damp your enthusiasm, but I think you should check out the movement side first, and see if it at least charges (or produces a voltage) under light.
I only say this because crystals are cheap and available, but some movements and parts can be expensive and not so easy to source.
The crystal is probably going to have to be taken out and measured accurately, then you can source another with the correct size and edge profile.
The Citizen part numbers don't work like Seiko's AFAIK.
Good luck and please post some pics :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts