The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,

i am chris and new in this forum.
I am collecting watches since decades now and owing a lot of watches from seiko, citizen, casio but also from breitling or similar.
currently i have a problem with my citizen navihawk with c300 movement.
after repalcing the battery, the reset with shorting + and AR twice, nothing happens. In the meantime i found the pointers aremoving but the lcd is still dark. when i am switching the mode to "chr" and pull out the correcponding button to the service mode and short the ap and + after this,the dispaly shows all digits but niothing further is possible, no reset, no adjusting,
when i press the mode button in, the display blanks,
the utc dial can be adjusted after pulling out the mode button again, but the time can´t be set as the dispaly still shows nothing.
i have tried all possible combinations, all described reset procvedures but was unable to get this damn thing working properly.
the attery shows 1,56 v and was purchased fresh.

any ideas how i can fix this?

many thanks for your assistance
chris

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi Chris,
Having worked on the C300 before, I feel your circuit board is on its way out since the movement I was working on last had somewhat similar symptoms. The circuit is available separately and is not hard to swap but getting the bridge off without disturbing the gear train is very tricky. If you have a 12X or 15X loupe, go over all the tracks on the circuit board once it's removed and see if any have been damaged by battery leakage or something before you swap boards. There is a pictorial guide on disassembling the C300 by Sir Alan, I used his threads to get myself familiar with disassembling it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Aloha ,

Chris ,
Taking the Bridge Off you can do it like this.
Hold it down good and then remove the circuit Board. Remember to not break
those .... 4 - CLIP'S Chris
That will do it and you will be safe.
Hope he picture helps you for this.

Also mentioned on the Forum for our member know as ... siralan and he has
a fabulous tutoring of all this.

Louis

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts