The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought an update on how the Citizen bulls evolved might be nice. The original was made in 1973 and at 36mm was considered to be the smallest chronograph (with a fly back second measuring hand) of any production watch. Then in 2012 Citizen released an Eco version of the original bull. A limited version of 500 most which never left Japan. Its case measures at 40 mm and came with a matching titanium bracelet which featured micro adjusting while on the wrist. Now in 2018 Citizen on its 100th anniversary came out with the Promaster, "Tsumo Chrono" (which means horned chronograph in Japanese) and measures at a whopping 44.5 mm. You see a trend here? I thought I would show you the differences in size with a few of my bulls in my collection. Oh, I should mention that in the 1970s Citizen also featured a more angular octagon cased bull which wasn't popular back then, but seems to be more so today due to it's rarity. IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

shopping.jpg

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
I thought an update on how the Citizen bulls evolved might be nice. The original was made in 1973 and at 36mm was considered to be the smallest chronograph (with a fly back second measuring hand) of any production watch. Then in 2012 Citizen released an Eco version of the original bull. A limited version of 500 most which never left Japan. Its case measures at 40 mm and came with a matching titanium bracelet which featured micro adjusting while on the wrist. Now in 2018 Citizen on its 100th anniversary came out with the Promaster, "Tsumo Chrono" (which means horned chronograph in Japanese) and measures at a whopping 44.5 mm. You see a trend here? I thought I would show you the differences in size with a few of my bulls in my collection. Oh, I should mention that in the 1970s Citizen also featured a more angular octagon cased bull which wasn't popular back then, but seems to be more so today due to it's rarity. View attachment 426239

View attachment 426241

View attachment 426243

View attachment 426245
Carl Sir that’s You Doing what you always Did Best And a Great Read my Friend.
Great to have you back and your Bulls😜👏👏👏👍

·
Registered
300 Posts
My Orange Tsuno is quickly becoming a favorite, if only because it is currently the most cheerfully colored one in my stash. I think the size is just perfect and that case design is very unique. But Citizen - as they so often do - also gave it a proprietary strap installation system which means it would be difficult to find a replacement strap unless you're willing to create a custom one. This is the exact opposite of the route taken by Seiko and it seems to be intentional. I personally like the stock strap and its tasteful orange accents.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice collection. The first eco Drive bullhead was actually from 2004. There were 500 white dials and another 500 black dials so they are 1000 in total.

I thought an update on how the Citizen bulls evolved might be nice. The original was made in 1973 and at 36mm was considered to be the smallest chronograph (with a fly back second measuring hand) of any production watch. Then in 2012 Citizen released an Eco version of the original bull. A limited version of 500 most which never left Japan. Its case measures at 40 mm and came with a matching titanium bracelet which featured micro adjusting while on the wrist. Now in 2018 Citizen on its 100th anniversary came out with the Promaster, "Tsumo Chrono" (which means horned chronograph in Japanese) and measures at a whopping 44.5 mm. You see a trend here? I thought I would show you the differences in size with a few of my bulls in my collection. Oh, I should mention that in the 1970s Citizen also featured a more angular octagon cased bull which wasn't popular back then, but seems to be more so today due to it's rarity. View attachment 426239

View attachment 426241

View attachment 426243

View attachment 426245

1 - 4 of 4 Posts