The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Im currently in the process of putting together a citizen challenge timer using the best parts of two watches that I have. They both are the same serial number (4-901177k) however one was produced in '81 and one in '76. To my knowledge, both cases are unpolished which is where my questions comes in. Was the case shape changed from early production to later production? I ask this as both of my watches have nice flat bottoms to the lugs, but the sizes and shapes are slightly different. The case with the larger flatter lug bottoms is slightly thicker, and the bevelling to the side doesn't reach the end. The other watch has slightly smaller lug bottoms and the bevelling goes all the way along the side of the watch. I wouldn't want to split the watches up if the design was changed at some point, so that they remain period correct. I will attach some pictures for you to decide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
well hello....well the person who will know this best if Stephan.....he is the citizen guy and even has his own website....i use it often to answer questions....Citizens are my favorites but the are the hardest by far to get the parts u need....here is the link....God Bless,John

https://sweep-hand.org/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts