1 - 1 of 1 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Citizen BR0070-54A Retrograde Eco-Drive

Authored by: phatpete68

Citizen BR0070-54E Retrograde Eco-Drive Review - Phatpete68

I recently bought this watch and thought I would share it's up's ndown's with you all. The BR00070 comes in 3 models. The Stainless Steelwith white dial that I bought, stainless steel with black dial and alsorosegold plated with dark brown dial and leather strap (I gave mine tomy father just before I bought this).

I bought mine on Ebay from Born2Watch for USD 139,95 + USD 35.- inFreight to Sweden. Total USD 175.-. No problems with the seller whoproved to be very professional. On Internet you can find it for USD215.- at watches88.com and USD 200.- at superchrono.com.

The Citizen BR0070-54A is have a stainless steel case and bracelet,white dial with hour and minute hands, small second hand dial,retrograde 24-hour hand and a big date display at 12 o'clock. Theindexes are silver and beveled and the retrograde 24-hour scale issilver colored too (can be seen in some lights). The hour and minutehands are also silver, but have a nice contrast against the "white"dial, they also reflect at being very dark in some lights. The smallsecond hand and the 24-hour hand are both black.

The lume is one of the down's on this watch as it can only be found on the hour and minute hand. No lume on the indexes!?

The watch case and bracelet is mostly brushed finish. The Bezel ispolished and so are the tip of the lugs, crown and a small middle parton the bracelet. Looks very classy and minimal. The squeeze-2-releasesafety clasp is signed "CITIZEN". The watch feel very nice and weigh inat 128 grams. The bracelet, or the clasp" give a rattle sound when ushake it. I don't mind as the bracelet sits very comfy on my wrist. MyCertina DS (that cost USD 400+) feels more solid, but it weighs 154grams.

I would say the dial is the strongest point on this piece. Theretrograde 24-hour hand is just perfect for me. I set it to Bangkoktime and it works just great. Easy enough to read and looks good. Thedial is not all white. In some lights the part under the indexes, thesmall second dial and the 24-hour fan, is darker grey and the innerplate with the Citizen logo looks very light grey. Very nice look asseen on the picture below. The dial give away a very expensive andclassy look and its the main reason i bought the watch in the firstplace.

The accuracy specs is +-15 sec/month. I have measured this on myrosegold BR0070 that I gave my father and that is roughly what u canexpect but nothing worse. Water resistant to 30m means no bathing orshowering with this piece.

All in all I m very satisfied with this watch and it s now my daily watch. My first review finished! improvement by trying :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts