The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a well worn Citizen, mostly as a test for my watchbandrenew.com kit. Before I went after the rest of my watches, I wanted to see how much could be done with a little elbow grease and a few simple sanding pads.

The bezel had some pretty good gouges, and the band and clasp were pretty scratched up as well. Following the direction in the kit, it was pretty easy to clean up the scratches, took a bit more trial and error to replicate the brushed finish.

Now to get the crystal replaced, we'll see how quickly the Atlanta service center can turn it around for me.

Will post photos once I get enough posts.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's the photos, now that I have enough posts!

Before:

After working on it for about an hour, just elbow grease and some sanding pads and Cape Cod Cloth:

·
Registered
391 Posts
That's quite a difference. Will have to keep the polishing kit in mind for future cleanups on mine.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it took a few months for Hurley Roberts to get around to replace the crystal, so here is the finished product. Given what I have invested in this project, really pleased with the results, from a junker to something I am proud to wear anywhere.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts