The Watch Site banner

Citizen AT Ecodrive

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  enricosonic 
#1 ·
Got a Citizen Ecodrive E650 that REALLY needs help. OK the history, had bought a watch from Jomashop, didn't like it. Returned it and got full refund, bought this watch and tried to return it for refund. JOMASHOP sent it back to me along with 26 pictures claiming I had worn it and it was TOTALY non-functional, in short they got pissed that I was returning a second watch and decided that I was going to eat this watch, NO REFUND. It's a pity the watch is in really good shape but can't get it to keep time, correct date or anything else. Could anyone help me on this boat anchor? Thanks!

#3 ·
It is gonna need a new movement, to bad I can't do it myself. I am just short of throwing it out. To bad it's in really good shape, I only had it for 2 days before I tried to get my money back. I just want to cut my losses, anybody interested in iT/

#7 ·
Please read my first post in this thread. Jomashop sent me back a watch that DOES NOT WORK! I own 2 other E650 based Citizens watches and I am VERY familiar with how to set the day, date, time ect. What ever Jomashop did F--- the movement. The little hands "SORT OF" work when you go through a set up procedure but the watch does not sync to the correct time or the correct numerical date.

I need to replace the movement if I want to keep this POS! Can you help me in sourcing a movement and how to replace it? If not this watch is going to get thrown out VERY soon!

#9 ·
"I've not read any thanks for our thoughts on this for us offering ideas and help ;-( " You see that's the problem, you didn't read anything. The first post that started this thread said it all. As for thoughts and ideas I was asking you for "Thoughts and ideas", you seem like the expert on watches. I need to buy a E650 movement and install it in the watch case so I can have a functional watch. Where can I buy a movement? How do you remove the back of the case and stem?

#12 ·
Well more than likely this is way above having you do work on it at home as this is a complicated movement that will require real skill and experience to repair it properly
If it were me
First things
What they did to the movt?
Your guess is as good as anyone's
Replacement movements can be extremely expensive and sometimes impossible to find
My best recommendation is to send to a actual watchmaker who can look at the watch and movement and see what u actually need
If you need some help
Actual pics and more accurate info will help you greatly
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Well more than likely this is way above having you do work on it at home as this is a complicated movement that will require real skill and experience to repair it properly
If it were me
First things
What they did to the movt?
Your guess is as good as anyone's
Replacement movements can be extremely expensive and sometimes impossible to find
My best recommendation is to send to a actual watchmaker who can look at the watch and movement and see what u actually need
If you need some help
Actual pics and more accurate info will help you greatly
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
I can send you pics of the watch no problem, does this forum require you to send pics thru a "PM or Private Message"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.