The Watch Site banner

citizen aqualand promaster full black titanium.....i look for this watch !

15K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  311character 
#1 ·
O:) if you have this citizen....i look for this model ,the case is full black,and titanium.
if you have photos,what is the year of this watch ???? have you photos??
thank you
philippe from France

#5 ·
what is the quartz movment (calibre) inside this black modele?....is this the same silver modele? what is the first year for this watch ? what is the type of battery inside (there is 3 battery inside) ?

thank you for your answer
philippe from Paris

#6 ·
A regular CO22(silver series) or CO23 (golden series) quartz aqualand movement is a direct drop-in in this version. And yes, it's the 3 battery movement model. To my guess, this model had a much shorter run then its contemporaries above. I would say it was launched during the same time as those above - 1985. Hope that helps.

By the way, if you managed to find the case you showed in the pic and it is not working, by all means, BUY IT! Then, you can buy a cosmetically trashed CO22 or CO23 but in full working condition on ebay, and make the transplant of the movement inside the CO29. It's VERY worth it. A regular CO22 or CO23 in average to trashed condition goes for around $150~$250 usd on the bay. Good luck!

#7 ·
narwalos said:
what is the type of battery inside (there is 3 battery inside) ?
The C02x movement uses three SR920W (Maxell) or 370 (Eveready) silver oxide batteries. Depending on frequency of use of the depth gauge and alarms, the batteries should last 2-3 years.

Btw, I don't think the 'black' model has a titanium case. I think it's the normal stainless steel case, sprayed with a hot mixture of alumina (Al[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]3[/sub]) and titanium oxide (TiO[sub]2[/sub]) to increase hardness and wear resistance. The process is known as 'black spraying' and has been used on the Space Shuttle, jet engines and nuclear power stations.

#8 ·
Sir said:
The C02x movement uses three SR920W (Maxell) or 370 (Eveready) silver oxide batteries. Depending on frequency of use of the depth gauge and alarms, the batteries should last 2-3 years.

Btw, I don't think the 'black' model has a titanium case. I think it's the normal stainless steel case, sprayed with a hot mixture of alumina (Al[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]3[/sub]) and titanium oxide (TiO[sub]2[/sub]) to increase hardness and wear resistance. The process is known as 'black spraying' and has been used on the Space Shuttle, jet engines and nuclear power stations.
Hi, Sir Les.

I own all 3 versions of the CO2x classic model. I can tell you for sure that the CO29 is of completely different feel and weight (it is very light, exactly like Ti made watches) comparing with the CO22 and CO23.

Now to be fair, on the caseback it reads Ti base. By past readings on the old SCWF, i remember that earlier citizen diver's that dabbed in Ti where no made completely outa Ti, but from an alloy that employed Ti for the larger portion in the mixture. Would that be right?

The CO29 is the most awesome of the trio, IMO. I'm in love with mine.

#9 ·
Les and Chris the CO29 Black cased is Ti base only and also heat sprayed to give a nearly bronze colour to the base it even looks powder coated at some angles yet the watch as you quite rightly state is not all Ti,Rather the watch is heat Treated pressure Black Coated with 2 ingredients.The Black will actually Scratch off with a sharp instrument.The weight difference has got to be from the base metal,Plus the limited run on the TI version had Gold accents round the Dial numbers if i remember correctly.This was all quoted to me by Citizen UK Recently when i also enquired about the CO28/29 and what it was made of. Just my 2 cents of course.

Sir said:

#11 ·
narwalos said:
thank you for your answers.....for the second generation (series) at promaster aqualand there is inside the same movment quartz ??
No, it's a completely different calibre, using 1 large coin-size lithium battery instead of 3 silver oxide cells. The C520 measures depth in metres, and the C526 measures in feet.

The functions of the C02x and the C52x are almost identical, except that the reissue model logs 4 dives to the original's 1, it measures up to 100 minutes versus 60 minutes for the original, and it has automatic adjustment for leap years. In addition, the lcd window is moved down the dial a bit to below the 12 o'clock marker and is larger for better visibility. Oh, and the lume on the reissue model is different -- it works! ;)

#13 ·
One of these recently landed in my lap, here's a few pics,

Came with the original strap with 'gold' trimmings,

Whilst that looks quite good IMO it is not the most comfortable choice.

Tried it on a B&R velcro,

Then I put it on a new isofrane and must say that the combo works very well!

Considering having the case refinished but the current well worn look is actually quite charming...

/Stefan

#14 ·
I got the rare black C029 aqualand divers watch. I replaced the bateries .3 371's 1.5v. The sound and digital works. The hands dont turn. The second hand jitterd for a hour. I want to sell the watch. Probley in ebay. Unless i get a good offer here. I live in the u.s. Georgia.
Please help.
Thanx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.