The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a new/modern/available movement to replace the old/unavailable C02X movement for Citizen Aqualands?

I posted before looking for C02X movements but found out new ones were not available and have not been successful finding an old one from a used Aqualand.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I have them and have found that most of the C230,C020, etc.
These series type of models are alike and interchange.
These are from what I have been doing are so hard to get and if you have
them you have better keep them for parts.
These Aqualand C-series like these are the only one's so far that will
match each other.
Some other models are slightly different I have found.
If the movement is shape like this, then they inter-change.
I like collecting them, but finding parts or getting them going seem to
be a ............ " Adventure to who knows where ".

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you service these?

I've got a C023 quartz movement that I was hoping to resuscitate.

If so, please let me know!

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
C230 and Similar models ..........

Well Sir
Not really yet, I'm sorry to say, but wish I could do them to help others
also.
This is where they get very touchy as to say.:57:
From what I have been told:
Old grease, Oil, when dried up clog and harness the movement. When serviced then it should run fine.
When all together and and done, sometimes it has to be coaxed to run. This is done with a folded cloth
on the table surface and bumped a little on its side for that.
The mechanical seems quite easy to do (The Movement), But the next part are those (Circuit boards).
I would say that the whole problem is based at that point. But the Digital and Mechanical do run together as it should.
Pictures Posted:
Basicly this is what is in there to be done for assembly.
(Pardon that one picture.)
I don't know just how to test them at all yet and cant find the information to it.
Maybe in the near future I could be more helpful to many, but not right yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello
I service these old aqualands and sometimes I ever manage to resque the circuits
that have died out of water insertion or battery acid
these are my favorite watches , I also do ceramic coating on watch parts
best regards everybody

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I have found this out when doing them.
This has gotten to be real touchy when stripping is being done :
Do you see in the picture of the Plastic movement part the one that hold the batteries ?
Well when the circuit Boards are removed, some time those little ( Peg Looking ) plastic stems like things
on the movement over the years I guess get weak, they are molded plastic. They hold the Circuit Boards
on to the movement then the battery plate goes on, then into little drilled out holes. The slightest nudge
will break them. I have re-done these and made new ones to repair them. They are very small and need
to be replaced for a good fix.
( Picture attached shows one of them cracked and other broken off right below the Movement. )
NOTE:
My tools for this consists of a .... (" Dentist Drill and Drill Bits Set Up "), that I use which uses compressed
air from a small compressor I have. Also used for case work and for all what I need done.
NOTE:
A control regulator valve is used on the air hose to cut down on air pressure as to not melt anything also

Also the (Pusher Contacts) on the Circuit Boards when they get that Gold faded off they wont work. Also on
the Circuit Boards themselves. The rest is easy to find and repair, but some times water damages a lot of them too.
I am working on doing a couple ( Spread Sheet ) printings to make a booklet to show everything apart so as to
know what goes where very soon. All I need now is more of the part numbers list to match the parts and I'll be
marking them to print out. A complete one would really help also.
( I have no Secrets but just to help others also. )

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes these plastic pins over the years they get easy to break , I have managed to glue them back on some movements, about the circuits sometimes I found that after repairing the lines a lot have a defective quartz crystal or a defective transistor , after replacing them sometimes the circuits fires up fine :)
on some occasions even if the circuit is fixed there is damage inside the IC (usally the big one) then the circuit never fires up or if it does the consumption is huge and the batteries die after a day or 2 :( (it happened twice the last 15 days) .
I would be more than happy to help on circuit boards

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Next find the JP2000-08E /-075 Type

I am going to find at least one for now the Screw Back version of these watchs.
Just a case and Case Back to start even would be just fine. :93:
Very hard to find so far :72:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.