1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got a citizen 3740 for just under $100
I was delighted to find it worked well after a brand-new battery
The Case and glass are pretty decent.
As I already had an aqua land duplex and now realize I prefer it over the analog diver. I was considering catch and release.
I took it to my watch make it to get pressure tested and found it didn't pass.
Now the multiple questions.
1- can you get a gasket kit for the aqualand and is it expensive.
2- I expect a seal replacement at citizen will be upwards of $80-100for a catch and release is it worth it?
3- I wish I didn't pressure tested and sold it as water resistance unknown.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Hey just get in touch with LongBike...he is fantastic with these...and is a great friend too..

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Camrock, it can be repaired but might be sometimes hectic finding gasket for . But then if some has them then it be great, I ran out of them now but I do my own gasket making if needed.
The only gaskets needed is the :
Crown, Crystal Seal and the Case Back ones that I know so far like I do mine.

That one is a nice sample, but the ..." Likeness and Size ", varies for many.
It looks decent also and if you like those models then it be fine to do them for a keeper.
But it goes according to the one using them, know what I mean...... " Its A Matter of Taste Thing " , I guess.

The Bezel is a tricky one on some of them and the Bezel Clicker. Some are just terrible to remove and put back on.

Dress Watch's or Diver Watch's.
But this one looks great and very well done and I would keep it myself really.:72::93:
Cam to me ......Its worth doing , the price will come back for it and little more I
would say.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
they are great watches for sure and well worth taking the time to make it right...always use high quality parts too...that way you polish money back into them..

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Cam ,
If it was exposed to water already if it was tested and failed, you might want to remove that Movement and let it sit for couple days , but first use a Hair Dryer on it. You do not want ..... " Moisture I it ".
Just Blow from a distance and make sure it comes dry also.

But remember if it was used with ..... " Bottled Water to test " then it be safer. But some areas have " Floride and Chlorine " and that is what will kill that watch eventually.

Pressure testing has to be done with good filtered water to make sure no Chemical Residue's ..... are on the watch or go in it when done.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it tested at a watch maker so I have no idea what they use to test.
Considering I have 2 decent tested aqualands I've decided there is little benefit it dropping this one in the deep blue for the time being.
Thanks longbike I was mainly concerned there was a complicated seal near the pressure sensor hence my concern in opening it up and attempting a reseal.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
The pressure Sensor has its on Nylon Sealing it is a separate One Piece unit pressed into the case itself.
It like taking a Marble and pressing it into a Ball of Clay. There is a Nylon ring to seal it inside the case,
then a small Compression Ring is pressed to seal it tight,then the little Guard Grill on the outside to
keep debris out.
But after time and use inside the Grill it collects junk and hard to clean unless taken off, then Cleaned
with sprayed liquid or a parts cleaner.
That is it.
This Sensor unit is press into the case. and changeable also. I have
done it to mine also. But they come in different diameter's for each watch.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts