The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just a quick Q on these, Is their an "expert" on these in the House of SCWF? What years were they produced in? Do they work the same way as a BellMatic? Lots of question it's hard to find information! Are these auto's or manual wind?

Rod

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Rod,

They're handwind only. They're movement design is "inspired" by that of the AS ones.
The first alarm (without date) was introduced in 1958 having the 980 calibre inside. This movement was succeeded 1960 by the 981 having a shock absorption now.
The first alram with date was intr0duced 1964 with the 3100/3102 calibre.
I think they have been produced till the early 70's, but I have no proof.
The watches with the 980/981 had a Cricket-like double case back, but with the 3100/3102 this feature was canceled.
The 3100/3102 does not have a date quick-set other than alternating between 21:00 and 24:00.
The crown on 2 o'clock handwinds the alarm and if pulled out allows to set the alarm. If the crown stays pulled out the alarm is activated.

Hope that helps a bit,

Axel

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! thanks for that it has helped a great deal, What caliber is this and how do i tell?

Rod

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
That one should for sure have the 3100 or 3102 (I do not know any differences between the two), where the production date (November 1968) would suggest it is the 3102 as one article I read, it was called the successor of the 3100.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Axel's info is great :) The only thing I'd add is how the alarm works - there's a small hammer mounted on the movement which strikes a pin on the inside of the case back. The hammer is the beveled kinda triangular piece held by a central screw slightly overlapping the balance wheel in this pic (3102 movement):

Sweephand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts