The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
I finally finished restoring my 67-9119 for the second time after two years of acquiring parts and working on individual components. This watch is special because it's the first serious vintage piece I bought for myself as a project. I wasn't that happy with the initial restoration in 2013 and I took it apart to do it again in 2016. After many hiccups and bumps along the way, here's what she looks like now!

As bought in 2011/2012

First restoration, 2013

Second restoration, 2018-

That scratch on the dial is bugging me but since replacement dials are hard to come by and out of my budget, it will stay for now. I'm still restoring the original black/steel bracelet but I plan on wearing this on a vintage inspired racing leather strap. I'll update this thread with photos once I receive it.
Thanks for reading!
Jay

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents! This has been a labour of love; I painted the hands about five times and sourced the recorder hand by emailing an individual who had two in stock an year ago and sending him a photo of a Citizen parts wrapper! Thankfully he found one and sent it to me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wow! Excellent job...looks great! Do the markers on the dial have lume on it? I ask because on mine it looks like paint.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Steve,
Thank you! The markers are lumed but they're not active anymore. If yours looks white painted, the lume has been scraped away. I didn't have the expertise to relume mine so I left it (hands are much easier!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's the Spider, right? I really like those, but those seem to be even rarer than the already hard to find octagon bullheads. Nice job, it looks great! And a racing strap is an excellent option for it, I think.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks gents. @9krpm; it's unofficially called the "Spider" by south American and Mexican sellers but I have no idea how that name came about! Original ones are hard to find now but they do pop up once in a while. Keep a lookout for the bezel, most have it polished smooth since the black finish doesn't age well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally refinished the original bracelet. I couldn't get all the gouges and marks off as some were quite deep but it's much better than it was. I used the same black automotive paint on the painted areas; hopefully it'll hold!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts