The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Hi, here's how I've removed this kind of rotor, typical type on vintage Citizens. It's not as simple as the Seiko screw...

There's probably a correct tool for this, but I haven't got one :) So I have successfully used the jaws of a measuring caliper, since they are fairly fine, to grip each side of the rotor centre. I found the best way, to minimize risk of slipping and scratching or damaging the movement, was to mount the watch in a case holder, carefully close the jaws onto the centre, then gently turn the case holder (keeping on the desktop so it stays level). I think this keeps the caliper steady since you are not trying to turn it whilst keeping the jaws closed for grip. There may be other and better ways and tools, but this has worked for me. Refitting is of course reverse of removal ;) Here's pics, not a 6501 but same type of rotor:

Good luck with it - and be careful!,

Sweephand

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the detailed answer .
I got it .
Just recently won this watch , however the center sec.pinion is broken , and the barrel drum screw is broken inside the drum . Yes I did it .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So long the movement was running , the minute hand would stop and go ...
Minute hand was attached corectly . Could it be that it has a loose cannon pinion ??
Since I am at ordering parts .......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts