The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few years ago I visited a watch shop in Macao.

I think I saw there the 300m 5503 diver case, but inside
this case was obviously a complete movement with dial and hands from a NY0040.
Is it possible?

Will it be a drop in fit?
Would be a fantastic conversion for the 800m and 1300m 5503.
Thx

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
well hello and welcome to the forum..glad to have you with us...that is a valuable watch and would be worth restoring back to original.....there must be a few of these parts still available and would make it worth way more than in current state...what is going to limit you is that left hand crown....which i think is very cool...there must be some citizen driver watch pro's on here...and will wait for them to chime in...very cool watch for sure...post some pics when you can too...John

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
wow...it looks amazing...well that i just do not know...someone on here must have tried this ..i will ask a few people and try to find info for you...great watch...

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The problem is that the 820x movements are twice as thick and a ligne size larger.
I guess if the winding rotor was removed and you used it as handwind only??
I'd be inclined to buy a cheapy NY0040 and try it - worse case scenario is you have a nice beater watch or you can re-sell it.
The other option is to check out the part number differences between the 550x movements and maybe buy some spare movements/watches.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's crazy, my watch is running perfectly, but I read somewhere that spareparts for this 5503 are impossible to find.
Old Seiko Quarz parts they have everywhere, but no Citizen.
So I would feel better if I would have a spare movement somewhere. Citizen Germany do not work on 5503 anymore because they have no parts anymore.

There was a Quartz Diver available with the same bezel style as ny0040 but with crown at 3?
Is there a eco drive movement available which could fit?
Maybe this would be a chance ...

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Good luck with your quest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts