The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using no less than two of these from Ramon I now have a nice nearly original example, with the ubiquitous Kanji wheel that we all know and love.

The acrylic crystal is from cousins and is the closest to original low-cost option I was able to find. I relumed the hands, the hour markers were just kissed with a thin wash of lume to get them glowing again. The dial itself is a combination of the two that I had to make one OK example. I actually really like this guy, but the Funa is taking all my wrist time these days. I just can't get enough of the Funa... There is no going back from something like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
great work...well done

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
I must have missed this one.
Classic diver dial...almost 62mas like?
Anyways, great job on this one! Always nice to see one restored and enjoyed for years to come!

Mike

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
hey i have a question seeing u changed the crystal....i am finally being able to start my own 51-2273...how do u remove the crystal?.....i do not see a retaining ring like i thought i would see...any advice?...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just boiled the case and pushed it out with my thumbs as usual. Piece of cake :) Watch is sold now, I keep fixing them and deciding I don't like them.

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Please post something! Seems like forever since I've seen something from you!

I'm getting bored over here.

Mike

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Mike, where you been at? I thought you drowned or something. I've been working 60 hours a week, so not too much projects happening. Aside from a special one with a partner in the USA that is still in the works.

Oh hell, here:

Attachments

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Hey! Thanks for getting that photo up!

Well, I didn't exactly drown, but this shoulder injury just won't quit. Pretty sure everybody in the UK knows about it by now. Not that Ontario didn't make the list, I've just been out of it for a few weeks.

And to make matters worse, every time I went to the modding/restoration reviews section, there just hasn't been much exciting in there lately. Keep seeing the same old posts and not really any new comments.

Apparently, my threads are too outdated and I clearly need to put up something new. Just haven't been able to finish these last couple items...

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts