The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loved the professionals as a lad. Bodie was always my favourite!!
Here is my watches collection close to those featured in the series. A lemania 5100 from later episodes and a Jenny Caribbean from earlier episodes.
Not watch related but i also have a rare Pye pf8 pocketfone featured in the series too.

·
Special Member
3,359 Posts
Looks like a lot of cool stuff related to the series, though I'm not familiar with it. Can you tell more about the series?

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
wow...those are very nice watches....never heard of the series..i will look for it now..

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
hey you mean the car?...they did that model on Wheeler Dealer...

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
wow...very cool..that is awesome

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love a capri!!

But clunkers are selling for £1,000 nice restored models are fetching
£4,000-£28,000 dependant on model.
The basic lazer model right up to garage kept brooklands models.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
wow...that is crazy money...

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
But clunkers are selling for £1,000 nice restored models are fetching
£4,000-£28,000 dependant on model.
The basic lazer model right up to garage kept brooklands models.
I had one new in 1972, and in 1974 I drove right across Europe in it, down into Italy as far as Florence and into the then Yugoslavia to Postonja returning via the Great St Bernard Pass into Switzerland. Great car :cool:

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
wow....that would be some great to see that trip...sounds like lots of fun too

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
wow....that would be some great to see that trip...sounds like lots of fun too
It was lots of fun John, a real adventure with my girlfriend.......
Landed in Belgium at Ostend, then into Germany, stayed first night near Cologne, then across Germany into Austria, stayed second night in Innsbruck. Over the Brenner Pass next day into Italy over the Dolomites, 'interesting' roads, sheer drop down one side, no barriers, just a stone block every 100 yards or so :eek:hmy: , then via Cortina d'Ampezzo to our hotel in Lido di Jesolo
We used Lido as a base and had days out, to Milan, Bologna, driving down the Autostrada del Sole as far as Florence, then further days in Venice and also across the border at Trieste into Yugoslavia to the Cave system at Postojna :cool: . After a week we drove back out of Italy into Switzerland via the Great St Bernard Pass, over the Alps into Switzerland and finally home via France, Luxembourg and Belgium.
All in a car that looked identical to this one :-

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
wow...now that is a real adventure....thank you for sharing it...love that car

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice collection there, I'm also a fan of The Professionals. I was shocked to hear of Lewis Colin's passing away though :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts