The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed something today that I haven't run into before. I was wearing my 6139-6002 today at work and, since I hadn't done it in a while, ran the chronograph function to keep the lubrication healthy. I got sidetracked and forgot I started it until it had run for over an hour. In that time the watch lost about 3 minutes. Until then, it had been pretty much dead on for a week.

I'm assuming this is normal because everything runs off the mainspring, but I guess I'm just looking for confirmation from the guys that know a lot more about these than I do. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
You should take the caseback off and observe the balance as the minute hand advances, or best still use a Timegrapher. If the balance slows or stalls there could be a couple of things to look for; the minute recording wheel and/or intermediate minute recording wheel could be offering too much resistance. Could be lube in the wrong place or gummed up old lube. The chronograph center wheel finger could be contacting the intermediate recording wheel at the wrong angle (unlikely if you have not fiddled with it). The minute recording wheel could be loose on its staff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts