The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Special Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the lookout for a budget Tuna - realistically what am I looking at paying.
Ideally something newish:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here in Malta..

The cheapest tuna you can get is Aster in vegetable oil, the sunflower oil version is nicer and only slightly more expensive.

·
Special Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't say I'm not tempted by a TST but is sourcing the other bits -dial hands etc

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm actually very tempted to get a TST and have a couple of 6309s in bad enough condition to warrant tst-ing without having destroyed a valuable vintage ... It's a question of money ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm actually very tempted to get a TST and have a couple of 6309s in bad enough condition to warrant tst-ing without having destroyed a valuable vintage ... It's a question of money ;)
Destroy a 6309 case ... in the past it was a no go for me ... but with the possibility of the Tiger ... maybe ;)

Best regards,

Steffen

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
I have no idea why people refer to the SBBN007, when the SBBN017 is newer, has a signed crown, and is officially in the 'MarineMaster' category.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have no idea why people refer to the SBBN007, when the SBBN017 is newer, has a signed crown, and is officially in the 'MarineMaster' category.
Because the OP is asking for a budget Tuna, so why recommend something that is more expensive?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Consider the new SRP 'Tuna's' (SRP229, 231, etc...). Best move is to then buy a Yobokies SS shroud, and you have yourself a seriously sized, automatic watch that hacks and winds, three things this guy prefers over the quartz tunas (not that I don't own numerous of those).

Coincidentally wearing mine today for the 1st time in a while:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I actually prefer the SBBN007 to the SBBN017 .. firstly there was a large, unjustified price jump when the new model hit the seen .. this is still visible in 2nd hand prices. Secondly the 'Marinemaster' on the SBBN017 actually makes the dial look messy. Functionally, they are identical .. both 300m He divers and finally I like the silver bezel on the 007 :)

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
I actually prefer the SBBN007 to the SBBN017 .. firstly there was a large, unjustified price jump when the new model hit the seen .. this is still visible in 2nd hand prices. Secondly the 'Marinemaster' on the SBBN017 actually makes the dial look messy. Functionally, they are identical .. both 300m He divers and finally I like the silver bezel on the 007 :)
you do realize the 017 has a silver bezel as well?
Also, if you look at second hand prices on average, the 017 is usually cheaper!

I also definitely prefer the signed crown and MM on the dial.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Paul - SBBN017s on rubber crop up in the UK around the £500 mark used. 015s with the brushed shroud and black insert a little firmer priced due to usually having the bracelet.

You could also put a WTB out for a completed TST... You never know but somebody may have the urge to move on to fund another TST - I can't think of any other reason other than bankruptcy:)

Good luck with search.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts