The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
Doing my usual rounds on the bay late in November, I came across this listing-

After convincing myself (poorly) that I don't need another ana digi, I bought this lot:grin:
They're both non runners and are running Miyota T20X movements. The "Smiley face" model uses a T205 which is obsolete so I'll have to look for a non-runner and salvage the screen as the one on this is cracked. All in all, they look quirky and the smaller one (T206) has a passing resemblance to a mini-grail of mine; the Chronosport UDT. I plan on restoring this one for myself and giving the other to a friend who's recently been bitten by the watch collecting bug.
An interesting fact about Technos; the ownership was passed to the company in Brazil importing the original Swiss watches in the 80s and they've been assembling and designing models ever since. These two are made in Brazil and carry "IND BRAS" on the caseback.

Here's what they look like disassembled-

Now here's what got me stumped; tearing down the smaller 206 model, the pushers aren't held in by anything! No c clips or gaskets, just a blunt end which is marginally bigger than the diameter of the pusher tube.

Any idea how these pushers come off? I want to refinish the case as it's battered and it'll make things a lot easier!

Thanks for reading!
Jay

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Hi folks!
Doing my usual rounds on the bay late in November, I came across this listing-

After convincing myself (poorly) that I don't need another ana digi, I bought this lot:grin:
They're both non runners and are running Miyota T20X movements. The "Smiley face" model uses a T205 which is obsolete so I'll have to look for a non-runner and salvage the screen as the one on this is cracked. All in all, they look quirky and the smaller one (T206) has a passing resemblance to a mini-grail of mine; the Chronosport UDT. I plan on restoring this one for myself and giving the other to a friend who's recently been bitten by the watch collecting bug.
An interesting fact about Technos; the ownership was passed to the company in Brazil importing the original Swiss watches in the 80s and they've been assembling and designing models ever since. These two are made in Brazil and carry "IND BRAS" on the caseback.

Here's what they look like disassembled-

Now here's what got me stumped; tearing down the smaller 206 model, the pushers aren't held in by anything! No c clips or gaskets, just a blunt end which is marginally bigger than the diameter of the pusher tube.

Any idea how these pushers come off? I want to refinish the case as it's battered and it'll make things a lot easier!

Thanks for reading!
Jay

If you get them off, how will you get them to stay back in?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
It looks like a cap is fitted to the inside portion of the pusher tube ? Is that a flat shoulder on the same piece!
It must push from inside the case like a little cartridge

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to push it out but in the end I just let it be. I'm sanding it around the pushers, it's a hard task but I'll have to persevere!

Here's the smaller dial, all cleaned up-

The bigger dial had water damage but cleaned up OK. Hoping to relume this one-

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

Hi Jay,
They could possibly be screw in. I’ve got a Tag that I’m fixing up for a mate where the pusher end caps were screwed on. Right hand (in other words normal) thread. Worth a try.

One of mine was broken so I made a new pusher rod with my lathe but I can’t get the damned broken thread out of the pusher cap and am still hunting a replacement so I can finish the watch and give it back to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jay,
They could possibly be screw in. I’ve got a Tag that I’m fixing up for a mate where the pusher end caps were screwed on. Right hand (in other words normal) thread. Worth a try.

One of mine was broken so I made a new pusher rod with my lathe but I can’t get the damned broken thread out of the pusher cap and am still hunting a replacement so I can finish the watch and give it back to him.

Thanks Pippy! I tried rotating the pushers but couldn't feel it unscrewing. How does one go about removing a screwed in pusher?
Casework is annoyingly slow with the pushers attached!:kiss:
P.S. A Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
On the Tag the pusher itself was in two parts, and the inner unscrewed from the outer. This is the broken one disassembled. There is supposed to be a threaded section coming from the thin end of the rod that goes through the spring etc and screws into the end cap which is at the top of the picture.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The small case was refinished with the pushers and bezel intact. I ended up wrapping sandpaper around a blade edge to reach the areas around the pushers! It's not 100% but it's a huge improvement over the original finish.

The insert is tricky but I have a feeling a 4205 insert will fit. Next stop; painting the hands white and reluming.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the hands were refinished in gloss white but I will be painting the tails black as seen on the 7C43-6010. Here's how it looks-

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally done-

The hour hand was mangled and I ended up painting and reluming it thrice to make it satisfactory! The screen had a piece of lens filter paper added to get the amber colour usually seen on Chronosport UDT and Breitling 3100s. Very happy with how it turned out, next job (after the insert is received) is to relume the dial to match the hands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts