The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look at these occasionally, worndering at how legit they are. Some are as low as used prices on the forums, but have nefarious sounding titles like "overseas reimportation model." Anybody pulled the trigger?

·
2,237 Posts
Can't say I've ever looked. If I was going to buy a new SKX then I'd probably get one from Creation. Cheap as chips :)

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I don't know what "cheap" is in this context, but I got mine from seiko3s on rakuten global brand new with bracelet for 100 Euro + Tax. It's really cheap for a great watch.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what "cheap" is in this context, but I got mine from seiko3s on rakuten global brand new with bracelet for 100 Euro + Tax. It's really cheap for a great watch.
Had seen A few @$125USD (115euro), though i am having trouble re-finding anyything for a link at the moment. So yeah, thats the right neighborhood. Chronograph.com they are like $185!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Just did a currency conversion:
18,000.00 JPY = 148.501 USDI live in Japan and thought of adding a 009 so I googled prices on Rakuten. The average YEN cost was 18,000yen.
The SKX 007 etc ARE export models, so many sellers list them as reimportation item.
As well, buying Japanese watches overseas is usually cheaper than buying them here!
If you can find the SKX models for under $200 now, that is pretty good.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow, heres one for 109. . .
EDIT: actually I don't know if it's kosher to post links like that, but there is a guy on rakuten with SKX009s for $109usd

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Wow, heres one for 109. . .
EDIT: actually I don't know if it's kosher to post links like that, but there is a guy on rakuten with SKX009s for $109usd
Yeah, that store sold out....and then you must find out the shipping fee and agree to it, it seems when I clicked on shipping info..

·
Registered
808 Posts
I look at these occasionally, worndering at how legit they are. Some are as low as used prices on the forums, but have nefarious sounding titles like "overseas reimportation model." Anybody pulled the trigger?
Re-import is a joke since these watches were never exported from Japan in the first place. They were all assembled in Singapore, Malaysia and now China.
No matter; they are all of the same quality as if they had actually been assembled in Japan :great:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I buy SKX007K fulfill by Amazon Feb 2015. I do because even if watch from Japan who buy from Malaysia or China etc., you get warranty from Amazon. This is only reason, plus if problem or you get Feiko, you can complain to Amazon and return is easy in USA.

You can buy much cheaper from favorite WUS and SCWF vendor seisko3s:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/seiko3s/item/skx007k/

About $107 US not include shipping. Many say final price about $130. Amazon final price $160-180 US for fulfill by Amazon vendor.

If problem with watch, warranty by seiko3s in Japan, need to ship back to Japan. So far no problems in forums from buy from seiko3s.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi -
When I speak about Seiko watches, I never say cheap, instead I always say and write
'economical and high value and low priced'.
How many of us WIS'ers, old and young could have started our Watch
hobby by having to buy in at the Rolo-dex price line? Not me.But that shows Seiko's high quality and value at an economically reachable price-that makes me a life long Seiko fan.
If I am quoted a watch price as $4000., well it might as well be made of Unobtainium as far as I am concerned. And I will not even waste my breath to make an offer. Yes we know about merchants who quote low ball prices for a good entry level Seiko then when we try to buy one it is no longer available at that price.That's called 'Bait and Switch' and is just one of the many tricks of the Watch Marketplace.So as a Watch hobbyist we learn after we get burned by a hot, short term offer. As Watch hobbyists We soon learn to look for 'value and Not price' as Price does Not always relate to a Watches Value. As I wear my Seiko 6309-7040 Diver, I enjoy it's accuracy,it's durability,it's style and it's utility, so I have a very high satisfaction of ownership after many,many years.Thanks Seiko for making a fine watch line that we all can appreciate and afford to buy.
Eli-The old Wis'er-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts