The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mods Please feel free to move, if i've put it in the wrong forum, Thank you.

I went into town this morning for nothing special, i happened to wander into the Oxfam Shop (Other charity stores are available ;)) i saw this in the cabinet, asked to see it, it winds and starts as it should, the alarm function also works as it should, a common problem with these, is the alarm gets broken. I'm unsure if i am keeping it though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
That is a few kinds of awesome, never anything cool in any Oxfam or other charity shops that I go into.

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
I almost bought one of those a few years back - a super cool watch for sure. I never heard of them, then I did and I wanted one. Love those huge side crowns.

Congrats !!

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's a pretty incredible find! Let me count the ways.....funky cushion case, mechanical alarm, great condition, dual crowns, radial brushing��, an interesting blue dial, a touch of orange, and it works you say? All for 50 quid.....that's a very nice score. I always have a gander at the watches when I stop in a thrift store but I've never gotten any luckier than a beat up Timex for a few bucks.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Mr Diesel hanging out in the Oxfam Shops Of Britain😂😂😂
Must admit if I see one I go in and I’ve seen a few G Shocks over the years but I Buy most of my Books and a Bit of the odd Vinyl LP in those stores even an odd unusual T Shirt.Plus you’ve got to give to Charity👍
Great Catch Vyn And I like it👏👏👏⌚

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That is so super cool ‘70s. It looks like a futuristic TV of the times. I wonder what the caliber is? With Incabloc 17J it’s probably a Valjoux of done sort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"The Prospector"
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeas, all works as it should I've had it running over night and it keeps very good time, not the original strap though its had a Hirsch one fitted. It was 50 GBP

·
"The Prospector"
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Andy, it was a no brainer at 50 quid I didn't even haggle, I just paid the money and legged it 😁

·
"The Prospector"
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha, if i'm in town, i do sometimes wander around the charity stores, not often i find anything watch related, i've had the watch running now for one day, and it keeps perfect time and the date changes as it should, so i am quite happy:grin::grin::grin:;)
Mr Diesel hanging out in the Oxfam Shops Of Britain😂😂😂
Must admit if I see one I go in and I’ve seen a few G Shocks over the years but I Buy most of my Books and a Bit of the odd Vinyl LP in those stores even an odd unusual T Shirt.Plus you’ve got to give to Charity👍
Great Catch Vyn And I like it👏👏👏⌚

1 - 20 of 26 Posts