The Watch Site banner

Certina DS Action Chronometer

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dorfmeister 
#1 · (Edited)
Certina DS Action Chronometer arrived today, outstanding!

Watch is 41mm wide, has a 20mm lug width, 12mm case height and 47mm Lug to Lug. Sapphire crystal with under coated AR. Screw down crown, 200mm WR.

Movement is a COSC certified ETA HAQ quartz chronometer, runs at +10 seconds a year.

1st impressions.. Great watch, especially for less then $300 new. Fit and finish are well above the $300 range, more like the $1K watch. Watch is a lot heavier then I expected, considering it’s a quartz.

Everything is rock solid, including the bracelet which has solid end links and a butterfly clasp. The bracelet fits my 8” wrist perfectly and if anyone has a wrist larger then that, you would need other after market choices to fit.

Negatives…. The second hand doesn’t hit the markers dead on, about a 1/5 of a second off, but I can live with that, after all this is only a $300 watch, and the HAQ movement more then makes up for that minor flaw.

Watch to me is a poor man’s Omega Aqua-Terra Quartz, except this one has and infinitely better movement and is 1/10th the price.

Certina DS Action Chronometer (COSC Certified)

Omega Aquaterra.

Has Sunburst dial in direct daylight.

Thought the butterfly clasp bracelet was going to be too large, fit perfectly right out of the box, if you have a wrist larger then 8” this isn’t the watch for you.

Very, very nice case back, outstanding!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.