The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been staring at this for months now, watching it keep time...in some other universe. Certainly not PST.

I've watched the videos and have been able to set it to the correct time manually, only to have it return to its "own" time at some pre-appointed point, known only by it.

Now, it could be that this thing is toast, and I could live with that. But, I'm curious if there is a way to reset it to the original factory settings, or set the hands at zero, or some such, so that it could then gain its footing in my reality. I'm wondering if someone has messed with the hands, and more importantly, is there a way to un-mess them?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
There’s always a full reset process with these movements and a procedure to reset the hands to zero.

If you google the movement number you should be able to find a pdf manual.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There’s always a full reset process with these movements and a procedure to reset the hands to zero.

If you google the movement number you should be able to find a pdf manual.
Found the manual and there is no reset process that I could find. I'm wondering....what if this watch were to be serviced; that is fully disassembled and then reassembled, and the hands removed and then replaced. How would one make sure the hands were installed correctly to be properly aligned with all the functions this movement has to offer?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that information...I'd seen that before, and followed the directions, but after a time, it returned to its own wayward ways. However...…………..I recently did it again, and this time.....it worked!! I have no idea what I did or didn't do, but it has been keeping the correct time for the last three days. I hope to never touch these settings again. This has been the Rubik's Cube of quartz watches, at least for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have one that I forgot was a rechargable battery so I fitted a CR one instead of the CTL, It suddenly hit me and I changed back and put the watch in the window for a few days but it was constantly hours out, I found a tutorial on youtube of how to change the time manually, From there it adjusted itself the minute or two that I was out!! (It corrected itself in the night)..

this was the vid (Hope it's ok to link to youtube? )

Hope you get it going, Mine would have gone in the trash if if it wasn't for the gent in the video!!

John :) (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts