The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CASIO Wave Ceptor Multi Band 6. Just the name suggests it won't be simple. I've read the 5 pages of instructions and watched three quite competent videos on YouTube...and now I just feel stupid. So far, I've gotten it to tell the day correctly and have managed to set the Home City Code to LAX. I'm in the San Diego area, so I'm hoping that means Los Angeles. The rest is a mystery.

This watch keeps some mystery time that has nothing to do with reality...at least my reality. It's consistently fast by 1 hour and 50 minutes, and I have no clue how to make it right. Does anyone know of a factory reset that will take this to "0" so I could then try to set it straight? As I said, a mystery.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
I have a CASIO Wave Ceptor Multi Band 6. Just the name suggests it won't be simple. I've read the 5 pages of instructions and watched three quite competent videos on YouTube...and now I just feel stupid. So far, I've gotten it to tell the day correctly and have managed to set the Home City Code to LAX. I'm in the San Diego area, so I'm hoping that means Los Angeles. The rest is a mystery.

This watch keeps some mystery time that has nothing to do with reality...at least my reality. It's consistently fast by 1 hour and 50 minutes, and I have no clue how to make it right. Does anyone know of a factory reset that will take this to "0" so I could then try to set it straight? As I said, a mystery.
Is

That’s Weird And could be Its picking up the Wrong Signal Tower for the Multi band atomic time.
LAX is right for Los Angeles But I don’t know of any Reset on a Casio other than Taking the Capacitor Out For a few Seconds which will reset it to factory of course.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi

Is it a digital watch or analogue ?

Setting or unsetting the DST will advance or retard by 1 hour

If analogue look in manual regarding zero'ing the hand position, it could be that the minute hand is out by 10 mins thus making it look 50 mins out. you can adjust the hands so they all set exactly at 12 oclock.

If you can set home time zone to UTC and see if that looks correct time if so then the issue is with your home time zone which needs to be set correctly, you indicate it is set to LAX which is correct, then switch between them this will make sure you watch does not think your travelling somewhere else.
Is it possible your nearest transmitter is in Mexico ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I assume this is the LCD? Hold the lower right button until it says RCV. Leave it facing northeast (toward Colorado). That will at least tell you the signal strength. You should not be off by 50 (or 10) minutes. If you get ERR, then you need to set the watch manually because you are getting no signal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Is it a digital watch or analogue ?

Setting or unsetting the DST will advance or retard by 1 hour

If analogue look in manual regarding zero'ing the hand position, it could be that the minute hand is out by 10 mins thus making it look 50 mins out. you can adjust the hands so they all set exactly at 12 oclock.

If you can set home time zone to UTC and see if that looks correct time if so then the issue is with your home time zone which needs to be set correctly, you indicate it is set to LAX which is correct, then switch between them this will make sure you watch does not think your travelling somewhere else.
Is it possible your nearest transmitter is in Mexico ?
This one is analog. Thanks for the advice and I'll check out the manual and let you know how it goes. Best, Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts