The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few (more than this but i don't have pics of them all....

Somehow a Citizen ecotec sneaked into the frame here (naughty li'l devil!!!!)

I ought to get them all together and take a pic ;)

John ;D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I like Casio's similar to all the summer girlfriends I've had. Lots of fun for a short period of time but I quickly get bored and start looking for another. I guess that's why there are so many models. They just don't seem to make a long term connection with me like other manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Loathe is a bit of a strong word isn't it? I would say that while some casio designs are not for everyone, they have so many models that something is bound to appeal to even the most hardened hater. Besides, they make very nice quality products.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
John,(bigbonsai)
Send 'em over my way...I'll treat them good and wear them often!
Regards
Jem

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Worse than bad John...

No seriously John, I get your point. Until a couple of years ago I thought any quartz watch was a 'lesser' watch...I have seen the threads about auto's having 'real soul' etc
However, I think of it in my mind it's a bit like the difference between electronic music and 'real' instruments ...lets say for sake of argument Kraftwerk go up against Al Green. No real contest but I love them both on different days for different moods.
Maybe I'll send you over a G to try for size?

·
Administrator
30,333 Posts
Casiojem said:
Worse than bad John...

I thought any quartz watch was a 'lesser' watch...
I have nothing against quartz Jem in fact the opposite I like quartz always have done and my first quality watch was a seiko quartz back in 77 cost me a week and a half wages and almost cost me a divorce as well !! but some how and all respect to those that like Casios i just find the ones i have handled feel so cheap, am i a watch snob ??? :'(

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wore Casio every day when I was in college. Now I only wear my g-shock when I cut the grass.
Many automotive engineers here wear digital watches, but most of them are Timex. For some reason, Casio is not as popular.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I love the Casios but I found myself in the same position: I wear them when I get them for a while and then not anymore. I still like them tho... I had about 6 or 7 of them but I decided to just keep the once I llike the best.
Here they are:

........... Data-Bank/Calculator

........... and then my G-Shock

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Looking good!

TakesALickin said:
I think I'll always have at least one Casio in my watch box. Currently, it's the MD-703, but earlier this year I let go of this Speedy homage. Yeah, it's quartz, but how could you not love a watch this good looking?

·
Registered
547 Posts
bigbonsai said:
Hi Jeff

I had forgotten that i have a Casio Edifice (my memory is getting so bad....)

[img]

John ;D
[/quote]

John, your pics reminded me that the watch came with a good bracelet - if memory serves, it was so nice I swapped it onto a "Poor Man's Grand Seiko" because the PMGS came with such a crummy folded link bracelet. But the Casio bracelet was nice, with solid links. Quite a watch for the $72 I paid for it!

·
Registered
232 Posts
nohJ about summed it up for me as well. They have some cool stuff out there no doubt.\!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I definitely like Casios, but I'll admit that I don't wear them as frequently as other watches I've got. For me, I'll only wear 'em if the weather and the occasion calls for it.

Lucky for me summer is coming up, so I expect my two G's will see some action.

Here's a pic of me wearing my 6900 (which I just reacquired) during a white-water rafting trip last May:

G's are fantastic for stuff like that. Who knows...maybe I'll take it on another trip now that I've got it back. ;D

·
Registered
232 Posts
UpstandingCitizen said:
I definitely like Casios, but I'll admit that I don't wear them as frequently as other watches I've got. For me, I'll only wear 'em if the weather and the occasion calls for it.

Lucky for me summer is coming up, so I expect my two G's will see some action.

Here's a pic of me wearing my 6900 (which I just reacquired) during a white-water rafting trip last May:

G's are fantastic for stuff like that. Who knows...maybe I'll take it on another trip now that I've got it back. ;D
That looks like soooo much fun G who wears a "G" O0 I've got to go do this I live 2 hours from a fantastic white water river ::thumbsup::

1 - 20 of 26 Posts