The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small hoard of these great watches that I'm the currently the custodian of. Following the therory that how many I need is the current number I own +1, its soon to be 12.

The far right hand one was my daily beater for 15 years and the yellow one next to it a few years until it started to look a shi... colour instead of yellow. Had one battery, one bezel and 4 straps in 15 years, currently 33 years old and still on battery number two! Far left one NOS yellow and no7 NOS condition. One missing a bezel now obsolete. They are virtually indestructible.

Also one of the 4 watches flight qualified by NASA for space missions and back in the day popular with space shuttle crew:

OtherJohn

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Thank you for sharing them with us my friend
Love it
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I am a big fan of the Casio line of watches.I have three that wear for yard work, hunting and surf fishing. They represent great value and a modest investment for a beginner collector...vs a nice 6105 or Pogue.

Michael

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have a small hoard of these great watches that I'm the currently the custodian of. Following the therory that how many I need is the current number I own +1, its soon to be 12.

The far right hand one was my daily beater for 15 years and the yellow one next to it a few years until it started to look a shi... colour instead of yellow. Had one battery, one bezel and 4 straps in 15 years, currently 33 years old and still on battery number two! Far left one NOS yellow and no7 NOS condition. One missing a bezel now obsolete. They are virtually indestructible.

Also one of the 4 watches flight qualified by NASA for space missions and back in the day popular with space shuttle crew:

OtherJohn
Very nice collection John. I have a similar beater for many a year, but mine was a Citizen one . Case of the chicken before the egg in which watch came out first. I beleive it was the casio. Not a fan of the Gshock type watches these days . much prefer the early clearer digital displays . Also have the 300m one but that came with seal issues and was never a favourite

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts

OtherJohn
Nice collection.
I'm still chasing a DW-5000C but enjoy wearing my current two.
First round G-Shock DW-5400 with 240 module and DW-5600 with 691 module.
Unfortunately both sporting aftermarket bezels.
20200331_115857.jpg

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
That is a shocking collection!

I just got my first G-Shock a short time ago. It is a watch that can do about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts