The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of months ago, I took my watch to a shop in Tokyo to get regulated. Afterward, it ran +1 second a day. Needless to say, I was ecstatic. However, last week I noticed a problem when cleaning the grime around the caseback (see attached picture). Apparently, the shop pinched the gasket when replacing the caseback. I then took it to a Bic Camera to get a new gasket. Lost-in-translation adventures ensued. I wanted to get a new gasket installed, but I don't think that made it through the language barrier. When I got the watch back, the employee made it clear to me that the watch was no longer waterproof. I saw their pressure tester. Now I have a watch with an unknown gasket situation. I have tried to locate the gasket number, but to no avail. The caseback number is 6R21-00M0. The watch is SBGA011. The case is identical to SDGC001/3/7/9, as far as I can tell.
If anyone knows which Seiko gasket number is correct for my watch, I'd really appreciate the info. Thanks so much.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,109 Posts
I looked around based on your case number (how parts are ordered), but it must be too new for all the places I have access to. If you had case references for the SDGC models you mentioned (xxxx-xxxx), then I could try looking under those. No guarantee it would be the same though, but it might be a start. Maybe a local watchmaker could measure the existing gasket and case dimensions and fit a generic gasket until the genuine can be found?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Hey if he had the dimensions another one might work too...i have never seen that model...that stinks that damage it and did not repair it..so very sorry...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts