The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The case ring for the 4006 Bell Matic has a tab on it that if just laid into the case prevents the case back from screwing on. Where does the tab insert and is there a trick to installing it without damaging the movement.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Dave, Firstly the case spring has a flat side, lay it on the table, you will soon find the flat side, all of the curved springy bent bits sit on the top.
The flat side faces the movement. I have just checked on one of my collection, in the case next to the balance wheel, is a recess, the tag on the spring goes into this, with the rest of the spring held above the movement. With the tag in the recess, the ring should drop onto the movement, maybe with a bit of GENTLE movements.
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Daveeb! Ill get it closed up here in a bit. Ill make sure I remove it from now on when I wash my hands. It was just serviced by Seiko who told me they didnt have any of the seals...which I find interesting because now Im told there are aftermarket alternatives

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would really like to have all new seals put in. It was already $250 to have it serviced. Dont know if its worth doing it again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do sell these case springs, it was the first item I made for my own watches, I worked at a laser cutting company before I retired 3 years, but make and sell Seiko parts as a hobby, always making things. I am making another set of wooden spoons for my daughter, my wife says, pelase do not make me any more !!!
I f you want to buy some of mine £4 each £1 post any quantity, I can throw in a couple of case back seal if you need them, freebies,
paypal [email protected]
Dave

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts