The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
33,829 Posts
I hate to see case backs abused, almost a deal breaker for me, at one time years ago I considered saving just the case backs :)

·
Special Member
1,291 Posts
It's not so much the damage to the case back that would worry me as what carnage they would cause once inside if they're that brutal.

·
Premium Member
and Cognoscente ... 15J Quartz Chrono's
1,905 Posts
One of my pet peeves too. Years ago I bought a 7A38 that some moron had tried (and failed) to open. There were no slipped toolmarks anywhere near the removal notches. Just a series of screwdriver (or chisel) marks around the joint flange. After I'd unscrewed it, I threw the case-back away.

·
Special Member
15,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate to see case backs abused, almost a deal breaker for me, at one time years ago I considered saving just the case backs :)
agreed. deal breaker.

·
Registered
55 Posts
its not hard to take these off properly, that's just pure laziness!!!!!
put the dang thing in a holder and use the right tool!
a pair of pliers isn't a proper tool
(I cant say that i haven't done this in the past though!! (LOL)
It's for sure a deal breaker at times but I picked up a 7548 that has a serviced movement, ok cosmetics except for a few marks on the back, it's the one piece I own with marks this deep and I've learned to live with it but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me.

I use a brass opener that fits the SKX, and 6309/7548 to avoid these scratches but I've seen videos of people opening screw backs with pliers!
Water Automotive tire Alloy wheel Gas Liquid

Tableware Dishware Drinkware Cloud Cup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts