The Watch Site banner

Carbon Fiber G Shock, anyone ?

4K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  OldHippie1968 
#1 ·
I saw this posted on mygshock today.

The band somehow has carbon fiber incorporated. Supposedly this will extend the life of the band compared to regular resin. I think it just looks cool. To be released with both a positive and negative display. To be released in Japan the end of June and July at the excpetional price of $340-360 :-\

I REALLY like both of these. Hopefully Casio will release these internationally with a price discount.

Model numbers are GW-S5600 and GW-S5600B (negative display).

Here's a better picture of the band

And a butchered translation of an article explaining in more detail.

I wonder if these bands would fit any 5600 case?

See less See more
#3 ·
Ohhh man, that is one of the coolest Gs I've seen. The strap is sex. And the reverse display with red highlights:

8)

8)

8)

If they release a CF strap Mudman I'm all over it (I need a Muddie to keep my Riseman, Gulfman and Frogman company).

I've been considering a 5600 too, just because of the original retro purity.

This one's pricey but it comes fully loaded (solar, multi-band). Mum, dad! I think I've met THE ONE!!!

#5 ·
jason_recliner said:
Ohhh man, that is one of the coolest Gs I've seen. The strap is sex. And the reverse display with red highlights:

8)

8)

8)

If they release a CF strap Mudman I'm all over it (I need a Muddie to keep my Riseman, Gulfman and Frogman company).

I've been considering a 5600 too, just because of the original retro purity.

This one's pricey but it comes fully loaded (solar, multi-band). Mum, dad! I think I've met THE ONE!!!
You're funny. I was thinking the same thing. The inverse with the red highlights is sexy, although to a different crowd than a PO would charm.

I was considering the GW-5000 just because, but I think I'll wait. That one or these models have to go international. They just have to.

From a quick read of that article I linked to, I suspect the CF in the bezel represents more of a challenge because of the shape, but I sure hope Casio is working on it.

#7 ·
nhoJ said:
I saw this posted on mygshock today.

The band somehow has carbon fiber incorporated. Supposedly this will extend the life of the band compared to regular resin. I think it just looks cool. To be released with both a positive and negative display. To be released in Japan the end of June and July at the excpetional price of $340-360 :-\

I REALLY like both of these. Hopefully Casio will release these internationally with a price discount.

Model numbers are GW-S5600 and GW-S5600B (negative display).
I like the GW-S5600 but the price is crazy ... :-\

#10 ·
LUW said:
Make the case in CF also and then you're talking.
That would be a dream come true G-Shock, Luw.

For the life of me, I can't understand why on Earth hasn't CASIO ever launched at least a L.E. g-shock with the protective case made in Ti or St. Steel a la tunas.... :(

At least, they could upgrade the composit material of the protective case in a way that it doesn't brake appart in time due to aging.

Aluminium is another idea that comes to mind, thanks to the innovation brought with the aftermarket arnie shrouds. That's an awesome way to put an end to the eternal quest to the protective cases of discontinued g-shocks or even resorting to replace the currently in production from time to time at the authorized service center.

Claudio, if you're reading this, please, start producing aftermarket aluminium shrouds for classic g-shocks (5600)! 8)

#13 ·
Chris said:
That would be a dream come true G-Shock, Luw.

For the life of me, I can't understand why on Earth hasn't CASIO ever launched at least a L.E. g-shock with the protective case made in Ti or St. Steel a la tunas.... :(

At least, they could upgrade the composit material of the protective case in a way that it doesn't brake appart in time due to aging.

Aluminium is another idea that comes to mind, thanks to the innovation brought with the aftermarket arnie shrouds. That's an awesome way to put an end to the eternal quest to the protective cases of discontinued g-shocks or even resorting to replace the currently in production from time to time at the authorized service center.

Claudio, if you're reading this, please, start producing aftermarket aluminium shrouds for classic g-shocks (5600)! 8)
The MT-G and MR-G models are cased in SS and Ti respectively, with the MR-G models being VERY high end with price tags in the thousands USD.

#16 ·
UpstandingCitizen said:
I really like the black and red version, although I sort of wish it were a positive display. ;)

I wonder what these will come down to in terms of real world pricing... O0
I couldn't tell if the $350 was MSRP or expected street price. The GW5000 is a more substantial watch that sells for $350ish so maybe this quoted price is MSRP. 30% puts this at a more reasonable price even for Japan. Time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.