The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this posted on mygshock today.


The band somehow has carbon fiber incorporated. Supposedly this will extend the life of the band compared to regular resin. I think it just looks cool. To be released with both a positive and negative display. To be released in Japan the end of June and July at the excpetional price of $340-360 :-\


I REALLY like both of these. Hopefully Casio will release these internationally with a price discount.


Model numbers are GW-S5600 and GW-S5600B (negative display).





Here's a better picture of the band





And a butchered translation of an article explaining in more detail.




I wonder if these bands would fit any 5600 case?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Ohhh man, that is one of the coolest Gs I've seen. The strap is sex. And the reverse display with red highlights:

8)

8)

8)

If they release a CF strap Mudman I'm all over it (I need a Muddie to keep my Riseman, Gulfman and Frogman company).

I've been considering a 5600 too, just because of the original retro purity.

This one's pricey but it comes fully loaded (solar, multi-band). Mum, dad! I think I've met THE ONE!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jason_recliner said:
Ohhh man, that is one of the coolest Gs I've seen. The strap is sex. And the reverse display with red highlights:

8)

8)

8)

If they release a CF strap Mudman I'm all over it (I need a Muddie to keep my Riseman, Gulfman and Frogman company).

I've been considering a 5600 too, just because of the original retro purity.

This one's pricey but it comes fully loaded (solar, multi-band). Mum, dad! I think I've met THE ONE!!!
You're funny. I was thinking the same thing. The inverse with the red highlights is sexy, although to a different crowd than a PO would charm.

I was considering the GW-5000 just because, but I think I'll wait. That one or these models have to go international. They just have to.

From a quick read of that article I linked to, I suspect the CF in the bezel represents more of a challenge because of the shape, but I sure hope Casio is working on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
nhoJ said:
I saw this posted on mygshock today.

The band somehow has carbon fiber incorporated. Supposedly this will extend the life of the band compared to regular resin. I think it just looks cool. To be released with both a positive and negative display. To be released in Japan the end of June and July at the excpetional price of $340-360 :-\


I REALLY like both of these. Hopefully Casio will release these internationally with a price discount.


Model numbers are GW-S5600 and GW-S5600B (negative display).
...
I like the GW-S5600 but the price is crazy ... :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Carbon fiber is indeed a cutting edge material and is used in other aftermarket bands available. It would be interesting to see what the actual weight deferential is between the cf and the resin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,999 Posts
LUW said:
Make the case in CF also and then you're talking.
That would be a dream come true G-Shock, Luw.

For the life of me, I can't understand why on Earth hasn't CASIO ever launched at least a L.E. g-shock with the protective case made in Ti or St. Steel a la tunas.... :(

At least, they could upgrade the composit material of the protective case in a way that it doesn't brake appart in time due to aging.

Aluminium is another idea that comes to mind, thanks to the innovation brought with the aftermarket arnie shrouds. That's an awesome way to put an end to the eternal quest to the protective cases of discontinued g-shocks or even resorting to replace the currently in production from time to time at the authorized service center.

Claudio, if you're reading this, please, start producing aftermarket aluminium shrouds for classic g-shocks (5600)! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris said:
That would be a dream come true G-Shock, Luw.

For the life of me, I can't understand why on Earth hasn't CASIO ever launched at least a L.E. g-shock with the protective case made in Ti or St. Steel a la tunas.... :(

At least, they could upgrade the composit material of the protective case in a way that it doesn't brake appart in time due to aging.

Aluminium is another idea that comes to mind, thanks to the innovation brought with the aftermarket arnie shrouds. That's an awesome way to put an end to the eternal quest to the protective cases of discontinued g-shocks or even resorting to replace the currently in production from time to time at the authorized service center.

Claudio, if you're reading this, please, start producing aftermarket aluminium shrouds for classic g-shocks (5600)! 8)
The MT-G and MR-G models are cased in SS and Ti respectively, with the MR-G models being VERY high end with price tags in the thousands USD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hello
I read your post I did't think that the G-shock had a shroud, but could be wrong.
If anyone reading this post I'm looking for broken tuna that takes a shroud.
Claudio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
I really like the black and red version, although I sort of wish it were a positive display. ;)

I wonder what these will come down to in terms of real world pricing... O0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UpstandingCitizen said:
I really like the black and red version, although I sort of wish it were a positive display. ;)

I wonder what these will come down to in terms of real world pricing... O0
I couldn't tell if the $350 was MSRP or expected street price. The GW5000 is a more substantial watch that sells for $350ish so maybe this quoted price is MSRP. 30% puts this at a more reasonable price even for Japan. Time will tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Chino has these now for US$285 / 295 (negative display).

Has anybody got one yet?

I want one so bad, but I am committed to a 007 mod right now.

If you have ordered one, let me live vicariously thorugh you!!! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
jason_recliner said:
Chino has these now for US$285 / 295 (negative display).

Has anybody got one yet?

I want one so bad, but I am committed to a 007 mod right now.

If you have ordered one, let me live vicariously thorugh you!!! ;D
Hopefully at the end of this week ;)

Cheers

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tom (a-tom-ic) on the WUS G Shock forum has some pictures and comments of the positve display.

I haven't seen anything here yet.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top