The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Thanks to this forum I am now hooked on the Seiko 5. My preference is the submariner homage. Again I have been helped by the numerous posts relating to Alpha, Steinhart, Soki, Bagelsport etc, etc. I have small wrists so the normal size diameter of 40mm and upwards is far too large for me. I need 34mm to 36mm but so far cant locate one. does anyone know of a particular make of homage who may have the smaller watches. Ladies watches has not brought forward any either. thanks

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hmmmmm...it may be tough because strictly speaking, a Rolex Sub is a 40mm watch, so most of the homages are that size or slightly larger (~42mm). You may have to swing a little wider into general divers that aren't straightforward homages. I have a Citizen NY2300 that is about 39mm (although it wears smaller than that), and I love it. That might be a place to start.

Another thought...some of the vintage Heuer quartz divers may be closer in appearance and are in the ballpark of 37-38mm.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
SKX023??

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Where are you located? There's a beautiful Tudor Mini Sub (34mm) on gumtree (Australian equivalent to Craigslist) at the moment for $1500 AUD ($1050US). Not cheap, but fantastic.

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse fat fingers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys, Thank you all so much for your time and trouble. I think the citizen NY2300 is the route for me. I have found several but all have the rubber divers strap fitted. I would like to fit a stainless steel homage band but have no idea whether an after market Submariner one would fit the lugs given that the citizen is a smaller watch than the genuine Sub. Help please. thanks jack

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hi Guys, Thank you all so much for your time and trouble. I think the citizen NY2300 is the route for me. I have found several but all have the rubber divers strap fitted. I would like to fit a stainless steel homage band but have no idea whether an after market Submariner one would fit the lugs given that the citizen is a smaller watch than the genuine Sub. Help please. thanks jack
Lug spacing on the NY2300 is 20mm, which I believe is the same as the submariner, I have fitted a sharkmesh to mine......

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the Citizen bracelet made for the NY0040 fits the NY2300. I put one on a Citizen BN0001 quartz diver and fit like a glove. They can be had on eBay or bought straight from Citizen.

Not my image (taken from post on WUS), but same bracelet and same case as my BN diver

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys, Many thanks for the info. I have read several reviews of the NY2300 and these give differing diameters from 38mm to 42mm so am confused. There seems to be a great many "pepsi" coloured dials but few black. Prices vary from $126.00 right up to $300.00. Would appreciate your comments please. thanks

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hi Guys, Many thanks for the info. I have read several reviews of the NY2300 and these give differing diameters from 38mm to 42mm so am confused. There seems to be a great many "pepsi" coloured dials but few black. Prices vary from $126.00 right up to $300.00. Would appreciate your comments please. thanks
Just measured mine, it's 41mm over the winder, the bezel dia is 37mm so other than the slightly raised section either side of the winder this is effectively the diameter of the watch. As for cost, I got mine on ebay for about $50 US, new price a year or two ago was discounted down to a bit under £100 in the UK so $126 is reasonable.........

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seiko diver for small wrist

I wear a Seiko SKX013, a reduced version of the SKX007. At about 38mm it wears well on a small wrist. It has all the features of the SKX007.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
I wear a Seiko SKX013, a reduced version of the SKX007. At about 38mm it wears well on a small wrist. It has all the features of the SKX007.
I believe the OP wanted a 3 o'clock crown a la Submariner - hence my suggestion of SKX023. Pic from WUS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I believe the OP wanted a 3 o'clock crown a la Submariner - hence my suggestion of SKX023. Pic from WUS.
A better Seiko comparison, size wise, is the SKX031/33 (7S26-040). my pair Here:-

Not that obvious from the photo, but the Seiko is larger in all dimensions, other than thickness, by about 1mm. Also the lug width is 20mm on the NY2300 and 22mm on the Seiko. As a near Rolex Submariner 'look alike' I think the Citizen wins hands down.:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Guys, Thank you all very much for the pics and info. There doesnt appear to be many NY2300 around. I have found one rom "Skywatches" in singapore. Not my favourite as its the "Pepsi" colours,new for $123.00 on a rubber strap so I would want to fit a metal bracelet.I am also sceptical about purchasing from singapore.
I have found a few very cheap Invictas which are not too big but the quality leaves a great deal to be desired. I prefer the Alpha but I think it`s 40mm excluding the crown.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If you don't fancy the Pepsi bezel, a bezel insert change to black is easy enough and would cost you less than $10 for the part and no more difficult to do than changing a strap..........

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
A better Seiko comparison, size wise, is the SKX031/33 (7S26-040). my pair Here:-

Not that obvious from the photo, but the Seiko is larger in all dimensions, other than thickness, by about 1mm. Also the lug width is 20mm on the NY2300 and 22mm on the Seiko. As a near Rolex Submariner 'look alike' I think the Citizen wins hands down.:cool:
I think you're right, the Citizen is the better choice, great quality, diver's specs and the screw down crown.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Guys, Many thanks for your advice and pics. Definitely the NY2300 for me. I have found two lovely used examples on ebay. The seller however appears to ship to the entire world except spain. Perhaps something I said or he doesnt like Franco. Back to researching.....thanks again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts