The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got lucky and got one of my grails, a black sumo for a very reasonable price. On top of that I've been picking up 6309's, getting my white Samurai repaired, and modding some 6309's and 007s. I'm not made of money and need to sell one of theses. Both in great condition, but the black on has a better condition bracelet. I know most of you have faced this dilema, so what did you end up choosing? Right now I'm close to letting the black go because the Sumo I have is black.

Some pix

Black:

Blue:

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
You will regret selling any Samurai.Deleted now.I would wait and save for any money needed without selling a great watch.Just my opinion of course. ;)
KVN said:
So I got lucky and got one of my grails, a black sumo for a very reasonable price. On top of that I've been picking up 6309's, getting my white Samurai repaired, and modding some 6309's and 007s. I'm not made of money and need to sell one of theses. Both in great condition, but the black on has a better condition bracelet. I know most of you have faced this dilema, so what did you end up choosing? Right now I'm close to letting the black go because the Sumo I have is black.

Some pix

Black:

[img]

Blue:
[img]
[img]
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
you can always just pack lunch for the next month or two. you'd be surprised how much money you save that way.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I'd keep the blue Sammie, especially if you don't have much blue in the box. When I think of Sammie, I think of the blue one. Also I generally find blue dials to be very versitile for wear.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the opinions! I have decided to sell the black, since my sumo is black and I have no blue dial watches. On top of that, I noticed that their are more black samurai's usually for sale more often then blue. Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Isthmus said:
you can always just pack lunch for the next month or two. you'd be surprised how much money you save that way.
Man, you don't know how right you are, here! LOL! Have been doing this since 2008, when the WIS disease got the better of me!!! The plus side is that I'm staying lean in the process, with a 6 pack to proudly show on my stomach and an ever growing collection that has been my pride and joy, since then! And to think that all I wanted in my WIS life was a SBBN011 when I joined this forum! That's how I ended up here in 2008 and fallen ill for the disease..... :D

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I learned that trick when my wife packed lunch for 6 weeks and bought me a Doxa SUB750 with the lunch money she saved. I think she was trying to make a point about how much money we spend eating out, instead of actually saving for the watch. Still, I was impressed.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Isthmus said:
I learned that trick when my wife packed lunch for 6 weeks and bought me a Doxa SUB750 with the lunch money she saved. I think she was trying to make a point about how much money we spend eating out, instead of actually saving for the watch. Still, I was impressed.
Your wife is a sweetheart! If I told my wife that this is one of my strategies to gather money for my watches, she would hit me in the head with a sledgehammer! She can't even imagine that I actually do that! hahahah....

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I worked with a woman who got a Mercedes when she turned 50. She told me that she paid for the car with 30 years of brown bag lunches. :)

Anyway, good choice to save the blue Sammie. I forgot to mention earlier that I think the blue looks best with the grey Ti metal color.

·
Registered
309 Posts
nhoJ said:
I'd keep the blue Sammie, especially if you don't have much blue in the box. When I think of Sammie, I think of the blue one. Also I generally find blue dials to be very versitile for wear.
I agree 100%. The blue Sammie is unreal, way to unique, way to lusted after, and way too much value! Keep it!

Angelis :)

O

·
0 Posts
Recently sold to fund other purchases:

Blue sumo
Blue ti sammie
Black ti sammie

I regret selling the blue ti samurai, you have made a good choice.

OtherJohnUK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts