The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incoming - let's see if you can spot why I bought this batch.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isthmus said:
7005 sport diver in the top left corner.

And you win the kewpie doll!

Also, there's a Seiko Electric bottom front right, but that's gravy. I've been really down for the 7005 sport diver since Mike found one recently. I don't think this one is a blue face - looks black. The watch is filthy, just filthy. But the bezel doesn't look abused. It's a gamble, and it could be garbage, but we won't know until it shows up.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Axel66 said:
If that one would show up fixable, that would be the treasure!

Cheers,

Axel

Here's the only picture of it that shows anything:

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, forgive my ignorance (and my ignorance is breathtaking, believe me) - tell me about the Seiko Electric 360. I didn't even notice it - I only had eyes for the 7005.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Spencer said:
Here's the only picture of it that shows anything:

[/quote]

If you don't want the Ingraham; send it my way...it's probably worth next to nothing ;)

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pin said:
If you don't want the Ingraham; send it my way...it's probably worth next to nothing ;)

I know nothing about pocketwatches, or Ingraham. Care to enlighten me? Do you collect them?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hmmmm... something don't look quite right on that "Electric"...

It may be an "Electra," one of the many fakes. The "360" is a dead giveaway.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but congrats on the 7005 grab!

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SteveO said:
Hmmmm... something don't look quite right on that "Electric"...

It may be an "Electra," one of the many fakes. The "360" is a dead giveaway.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but congrats on the 7005 grab!

Thanks! As for the Seiko Electric, whatever it is, it's gravy on top of that sport diver. It'll get here soon, I hope... and then we'll know more.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Spencer said:
I know nothing about pocketwatches, or Ingraham. Care to enlighten me? Do you collect them?
Spencer,

I don't know much about pocket watches but a little googling shows that Ingraham was an old English maker and they made mostly 'dollar' pocket watches toward the end of their business tenure.

This is probably one of those 'dollar' watches. Typically they were unjeweled and had pin lever escape mechanisms.

My collection only has a couple of very cheap pocket watches...even a 'dollar' pocket watch would be an improvement ;)

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That particular watch is the least of my concerns; I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives and see if you're still down for it.

Here's a closer shot of the 7005 though

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I have a feeling that will easily restore into a beautiful 7005 given the state of the bezel insert. I think that hazy hazy crystal will reveal a nr perfect dial and hands...

Nice find and please post an update when you get them......

Aj

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Sorry, meant to add that it will likely need a relume given the color of the bezel pip and looking at the hour marker. With that done though I'll bet that will be gorgeous...

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Technoman said:
Sorry, meant to add that it will likely need a relume given the color of the bezel pip and looking at the hour marker. With that done though I'll bet that will be gorgeous...

Yeah, we'll see when it gets here. But I do note that the entire watch is covered with gruk. It's possible the lume pip is grotted up. Or maybe it's gone. We'll see. Is there a technical page or a page with an in-depth breakdown of these? History, images etc? I don't find a lot actually, poking around online.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
No breakdown page I am aware of but these are very easy to pull apart. It is worth the investment in a cheap ultrasonic cleaner at this point. Break the watch down and remove the movement, throw all the parts in an ultrasonic cleaner with a small amount of either specific solution or some dish soap and be prepared to be amazed at the results....

Obviously, don't throw the movement or dial etc in there :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am interested in that electric 300 ? too.
What is marked on the dial ? as there seemed vaguely 2-3 lines above 6 o'clock - does it sd chronometeror or what ?
Tks

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 35 Posts