The Watch Site banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Special Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very fortunate to have a wife who not only indulges my inner WIS but also has gotten the bug herself. She enjoys hunting with me and often is the encouragement to pull the trigger on a watch. All that being said, the ladies watch market suks! In a variety of ways, starting with the lack of presence that ladies watches have on the fora, especially pre-owned on the sales fora. Then the situation with manufacturers, they do not cater to women, Omega Constellation and Ebel Classic Wave being about the only examples and they are 30 year old designs. I am bringing this up because we recently found her a new watch, prior to this her most recent watch purchase was in 2016 (holy smokes!) and was an SWZ-054 (silver oyster dial) which quickly became her favorite watch. Well last week we spent days hunting online and I can happily report success, one difficulty is that her "sweet spot" is 25-28mm, I should also add that she would never buy anything without a substantial discount. We found this SUT-110 for less than half of msrp (103+tax) on Amazon and she loves it, it is now her daily except for "beater" applications when she switches back to her SWZ. Do any other members go through a similar dynamic with their wives? I am just happy we finally found something she wanted and subsequently really likes.
ladies solar pair.jpg
ladies solar.jpg

·
Banned
0 Posts
My wife also likes watches but treats them rather as jewelry.
He has a quartz Seiko on a bracelet in a steel case, a black open heart Swatch, a Longines in white gold with diamonds on a strap, a yellow gold Omega Geneve on a red lizard belt, an Omega quartz on a steel bracelet
IMG_20210318_135034-Edited.jpg
IMG_20210404_095558-02.jpeg
IMG_20210713_143133.jpg
IMG_20210713_143315.jpg
IMG_20210713_143455.jpg

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought my wife a Seiko 5 last year to replace a solar-powered Seiko that never saw enough sun to keep going (she never wears short sleeves...). The 5 actually hand-winds, which is a bit of a step above the 7s26 models that are its contemporaries.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I bought my wife a Seiko 5 last year to replace a solar-powered Seiko that never saw enough sun to keep going (she never wears short sleeves...). The 5 actually hand-winds, which is a bit of a step above the 7s26 models that are its contemporaries.

View attachment 476975
The Ladies Fives have had hand winding for quite a long time, cant say I've ever come across one that didn't, funny they equipped the gents with the 7S26, maybe they thought men would be more active?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
The Ladies Fives have had hand winding for quite a long time, cant say I've ever come across one that didn't, funny they equipped the gents with the 7S26, maybe they thought men would be more active?

Maybe they expected it to be worn less / be in more of a rotation with others? I'll admit that it also isn't the most efficient in its auto winding functionality - it's really small.

·
Registered
607 Posts
My sweetie has quite a nice little collection but she still thinks I'm nuts with all mine. She wears a Fitbit around the house but swaps on a "real" watch whenever we are out and about.
I should get her a decent case for them.

·
Special Member
864 Posts
Mrs Q - general daily wear is the i-watch, she is quite competitive and likes the functions this has for competition

Not to be told that you can't have too many smart watches she has a dressy one from MK

Her only one that will sit in the Seiko / Citizen stable - well worn and scratched

Fakeo Rolex from some market stall in Bangkok, it does look remarkably like the real thing, automatic too, still going after 17 years, not bad for £20

First 'expensive watch' when we could afford one poor pic sorry.

Big buy Auto Tag - she couldn't decide to get the Tag, or a Rado, Being a poser she chose the Tag as I said that most normal people would recognise a Tag, and would not have a clue what the Rado was.

3 days after we bought the Tag I was going through an airport at 05:00 and as always took a look in the watch shop, there was the exact same Rado we had been looking at over the weekend, at 60% of the price we had seen it in shops. I still to this day think it was a pricing error as the others were 90-95% of what the shops wanted. So out came the credit card and she got two expensive watches in one week.
Which out of all these gets the most attention ?? ..... The Rado, as I said normal people don't have a clue so it looks totally different to what they expect to see.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i've bought my girlfriend a few watches, 36mm and smaller, here are some...the last one is my favorite, the Seiko 6660-7030, a very cool flying saucer design. Her favorite too.

I realize looking at these, this is a damn good 3-watch collection :) Also, i forgot,
her Dad died 27 years ago, but i helped her sort her Dad's watch out, pretty cool
that she still has it:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Where’s Kat to reply to this topic ?

Other than an Apple Watch, my wife won’t wear a watch, she has at least a few I’ve bought for her over the years, no dice in wearing those.

I think part of the problem with the women’s traditional watch market is younger generations aren’t buying/wearing them. I have no data to back this claim, just an observation.

·
Special Member
3,071 Posts
Quick and dirty pic of my bride's closet at home. She's at the beach for the summer with her Mondaine, Seiko Cocktail and her favorite 7A48 (which I was planning to sell till she saw it)
I also see the SKX is missing. Must be in her summer lineup.
Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts