The Watch Site banner

Can we clean up THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  TheTigerUK 
#1 ·
Guys with this new format we have to clean up this particular forum as this is where most of the traffic is going . To get to the actual current discussions we have to scroll past all the Review discussions that are stickied to the top of the page: "Seiko Review, Citizen Reviews,..... Parts tools and Accessories Reviews" . It drives me crazy scrolling past all of these each time. My suggestion is to put all of these discussion thread inside a single thread called "Reviews: Watches, Mods, Parts and Tools"

Once you click on that discussion you see all the Discussion sublevels you see now "Seiko Review, Citizen Reviews,..... Parts tools and Accessories Reviews"

What are your thoughts?

Dan

#4 ·
Where is the .....Deleting Device .....for doing this on this Forum ?
I have been trying to find that last few days. I was told to
.... Upper Right Those Three Dots but it does not work at all. The Old Way it was
done but .... Box Check... [ ] .....then Delete.... Go .

#8 ·
I think their presence at the beginning of the main forum as stickies has presented a challenge over the years for many who are new to posting, as those threads get a lot of non-review content. Since I don’t view the forum the slow way (by going through forum by forum and trying to remember what I had and hadn’t read before, instead I use the “new” button or equivalent to give me a digest of what I’ve not read yet, regardless of place posted), I didn’t know that this was why these threads got so much erroneous content.
In my mind it would make more sense (and prevent more mis-posting) if we moved them to their own dedicated review section.

#12 ·
One solution would be to have all of them in a folder called 'Stickies' and then the 2nd thing in the list would be the most recently replied to thread. I imagine the problem there would be that new members might then miss the Stickies Folder, and pollute the board with questions the stickies address. i however, would prefer (like other) to not have to scroll so far to get to the first piece of current content.

#16 ·
I have puts some change requests into the owners so lets see if any are acted on.

As I get older I think of my dad more and more, he was a real mans man, happy when covered in crap from messing with a car or something else that needed fixing, he was one of those guys who if he was mixing white flower his hands would end up black, he was happy like a pig in s**t :) he served in the infantry in WW11 from 1940-1946 and in is later years I know he really suffered with a bad back but he never complained and one day while sitting in his back garden with a beer (he liked a beer at home) I asked him how he was managing with his back and why he dident complain and he said
"I just feel so lucky if in the morning I get to see the day light even with pain and problems etc as many of my friends never got to come home"

I think of those words often when I am about to complain about the minor things in life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.