The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Special Member
27,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, Tell me there is a function of the raised section of the Bezel :confused:
Seiko SRP587K1

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
wow...that seems very strange...i have no idea who would design it that way...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I can only assume its for touch, ie when you are diving and visibility is bad you know where your bezel is set, thats the only reason i can think of.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mohawk :-\

I hear the section is removable, but I haven't seen anyone do it.

I want to know what is underneath! :p

By the way, the internet nickname for these is "Mohawk". :rolleyes: Not bad...

I like the dial as well as the hands, I wonder about blacking out the "X" and slipping them both into the new SBDC027 50th anniversary model??
:)

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I can only assume its for touch, ie when you are diving and visibility is bad you know where your bezel is set, thats the only reason i can think of.
If you can not SEE the minutes hand, what the use of this kind of bezel !? there must be a 1 >1 connection between the bezel and the minutes hand meaning you must see both or you must feel both. Have to use different senses for each, makes the concept useless.

·
Special Member
5,197 Posts
If you can not SEE the minutes hand, what the use of this kind of bezel !? there must be a 1 >1 connection between the bezel and the minutes hand meaning you must see both or you must feel both. Have to use different senses for each, makes the concept useless.
Exactly, well put!

·
Special Member
27,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It may be for Feel, I would think sensitive to the Quarter turn at best (Braile Insert?) Can anyone confirm that the bezel Plateau is removable ? If so how is it attached ? Screws like the Stargate Pip ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts