The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am having problems finding a good case back and have access to a 7548 diver case back..if this was a automatic movement..caseback would not be a issure..but with this quartz movement...i just dont know...has anyone ran into this?...thanks in advance...John

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is just a temporary solution till i get one...

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thank you...i was hoping it might work...so it may just be thicker..that should work on a temporary basis i hope

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It should be OK, I found an original one for mine but I can't use it right now as without the correct movement and using the Pulsar y513 I found the back fouled this deeper movement and wouldn't screw down.
Using a 6309 one was OK.
The only question is, will the 6309 back lock to the holding ring & keep things firmly in place, you can only try but I think you'll be all right.
PS
I hope one day I'll find a movement so I'm holding onto my case back.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well a new friend is sending me a 7548 case back...your thread inspired me to get mine..how do you like the y513 movement..i was told they are pretty good too....i will hopefully start soon on this...just need a dial now...i have nothing for a quartz...any idea what will fit?...thanks again so much...John

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
well a new friend is sending me a 7548 case back...your thread inspired me to get mine..how do you like the y513 movement..i was told they are pretty good too....i will hopefully start soon on this...just need a dial now...i have nothing for a quartz...any idea what will fit?...thanks again so much...John
Most Seiko diver dials will be the right diameter I'd guess, worst thing you'll have to do is nip off dial feet and use a bit of sticky. Just for a while a 7040 after market would work until the day you find a correct one.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have a few different ones..just the feet do not line up...are quartz ones the only ones that will line up?....thanks again for the inspiration..i have made mine from all original parts so far too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts