The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...

Having just acquired my first Seiko, it's given me the bug and this looks the place to share the enthusiasm! Sooo, that being said I hope it's alright to join you folks here!

And as a picture paints a thousand words.. a couple of pics of my latest joy, SKX011J on President bracelet...

..and of course, wrist shots..

Thanks for reading!

cheers, Howie

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome overhere ^-^

I hope you have a good time here.

Your choice of watch is 8) ... a Seiko diver, orange and discontinued...a future classic

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome Howie
A very Colorful introduction, Nice Choice and hopefully the first of many to follow. ;)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
^-^ Your addiction has started, it's still not to late :D :D :D :D Have fun .Bob.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Hello Howie. I see you have the drill down already. Feel free to spend some time here and do some reading and sharing. We will assume no responsibility for any changes in your finances or your performance at work. :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome home Howie!

Warning... this place is very addictive!

You"ll fit right in with a classic like yours.

Enjoy

[move] :) [/move] [move] :) [/move] [move] :) [/move]

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome aboard Howie. enjoy the new watch, but don't be surprised if it gets some competition for your wrist time from other seikos very soon!. LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the warm welcome ... and you're quite right, I'm already planning the next..!

Actually, on that note I'm hugely inspired by some of the superb Seiko mods I've seen, and fancy giving that a go next - really liking the sterile /non-date window look. Suspect that may mean hunting down an old SKX007 as I understand there is some debate for want of a better word over modding vintage classics like the 6309 as opposed to restoring. There is an option of a 7002-7001, but again similar feeling perhaps. I read your excellent guide on these by the way, thank you Isthmus.

The other option, I do have my eyes on an SKX031 - the submariner! - but I'm uncertain as to the availability of as many parts for this one.. we will have to see, I guess!

cheers all,
Howie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts