its Quartz
any idea what it is?
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
azsportpilot-

Looks to me like it could perhaps be a V657-9010 case and bracelet set with NO movement included. You can find these on several online auction sites and many people end up surprised because they don't read the full description before bidding. Just a guess though, ahem.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
well it looks like a great start to a very nice watch

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
For "no movement" it looks to be too much worn. However, nice photos showing nothing to identify it :)

·
Administrator
33,293 Posts
The sweep second hand looks to be in different positions so i would think it has a running movement ?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sample watches without movements would have a big "SAMPLE" or the Japanese equivalent stamped on the back.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think you might be "spot on" with the model number, as when I google it I find many that look quite similar except for dial color or bezel differences

the watch is advertised as keeping time accurately, and running properly

is the first 4 digits of the V657-9010 # referencing the Movement type or caliber?

there is also a model # SND187 or SND187P or SND187P1 which looks very close but not exact

http://www.chronograph.com/store/mli_viewItem.asp?idproduct=2472

azsportpilot-

Looks to me like it could perhaps be a V657-9010 case and bracelet set with NO movement included. You can find these on several online auction sites and many people end up surprised because they don't read the full description before bidding. Just a guess though, ahem.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
well it looks very nice...can't wait to see better pics....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it arrived today but does not fit my 7.5 inch wrist... looks like about a 7.0 inch tops
was advertised as an 8.5 inch band (they were copying seiko's information) but missing links
called seiko, they have no links for it (discontinued)
bummer

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
hey try with Long Bike...he has lots of different watches...worth a pm..if you can get me the model number i will add you to my daily watch list

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
model # SND187 w/ band # 4585 ZE or ZZ

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if it was something rare or unique i might be interested in hunting for links, but its a common mass produced model that was inexpensive when it was available

I just sent it back, the seller can relist it with the correct information 7.0 inch not 8.5 etc

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
so Azsportpilot..you sent it back?...no worries....well some sellers need to learn how to list things too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts