The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what model this Seiko is?

Its on EBay as a 7S26 0110 but when I Google that non of the pics I get look anything like this watch. I guess it may have the wrong back or the bezel is not the original

I quite fancy taking it on as a mod project but not if I cant get spares or at least replacement parts especially as it has no crown

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The color of the dial make me think it is a Lumibrite full lume dial.

The tape measure makes me think it is from Ramon (who is a great seller).

The crown and stem is missing so you might as well figure the price of a donor movement since the crown is gone and the movement is most likely toast and new crown and stem.

You can find a new Seiko 5 Flieger with a 7S26 for $50 and keep the movement and part out the rest and make your money back selling the strap and case and dial and hands separately.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I enlarged the pic and the code at the bottom of the dial says 7S36 but the last 4 digits are blurred and look like 00X? but still I cant find a pic online of any similar model.

My plan was to just use the case and drop a new 7S26 movement and new dial and hands. I may just fit a generic crystal and scavenge a crown if I can't find the model.

If Ramon is on Ebay WatchCollector yes I have bought old watches for modding from him before.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
C-d god gave you the right information and I.D. for that watch.
Well the Members did give you information to it.
Ramon is the seller for that watch you are looking at.

It is a Lumbrite ( Yellow or White ) Dial and Markers
Its a Seiko 5 Sport , 100m .... SNZF59 / SNZF59J1 Model .
43 m - Crown x 13 m Thick Case
Wrong Bezel , it might be from a Quartz watch or a older Aqualand.
But remember ( Ramon will state that he does not know ), all the time if the watch is a correct one with parts.
You have to give him the benefit for stating that information he posts as a .... " Description ".
He is a alright seller to buy from anytime I would say.
I buy from him anytime.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Longbike for the information, I'm pretty sure now started life as a 7S36 00X4 but I still cant find any matching pics so I guess the bezel is not original.

Just to be clear I meant no criticism of Ramon, I've bought several of his watches ASIS and other parts and his descriptions are always accurate, in fact he is my first port of call for cases to mod.

I was really only trying to get clarity on the model with regards to finding suitable parts from Cousins etc

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Go to ebay , type in that number I gave you and it will pop up and the information to it.
Be sure to type ( Lumbrite Seiko 5 ) then the number for it.
It looks like a nice watch that needs some love to it. It should come out real nice, no matter what.

·
Researcher
5,030 Posts

But remember ( Ramon will state that he does not know ), all the time if the watch is a correct one with parts.
You have to give him the benefit for stating that information he posts as a .... " Description ".
I buy from him anytime.
Does a SNZF59 have a screw down crown?, the OP's pic has a threaded crown tube.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
It looks very much like its a Franken.

Dial has a minute track and so does the chapter ring, the minute track is usually on one or the other. Also the chapter markers are out of alignment with the dial markers.
All the 7s26 0110 pics on the interweb show 12,3,6,9 dials with day date at 4.

Yep it looks ideal for a mod project, and now the fun begins

·
Registered
97 Posts

I buy from him anytime.
This model is not correct, look at the crown guards, they're different.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I almost think the case may not be a genuine Seiko case.

While the watch has definitely been pieced together I can't recall any 7S36 Sports 5 models that had screw down crowns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought it anyway! I'll put up some info once it arrives and I've pulled it apart.

Hopefully it will fit a 7S movt and I'll add new dial, hands etc, just hope I can find a crown that fits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts