The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the plan: I would like to get my hands on a skx013 (Seiko's medium sized diver) and I would like to have it modded. My wife was swepped away by my new 'Icy 007' that Rob built, using parts from Noah and Yobokies.

I've seen one or two skx013 on the internet. Not very much reference, compared with all the pics of 007s etc around. In my mind, I know how the watch should look after the modding process: brushed steel case, steel bezel insert, light copper-coloured dial Soxa style, chapter ring with minutes markers, Dox-a hands with an orange minute hand...

Yes, I have some wishes...

Menno

·
Registered
292 Posts
Is that the same size as the SKX023/025 (7S26-0050)?
Some time ago I intended to do a 7S26-0050 mod but the parts don't seem to be available for the mid size watches. In the end, I refurbished the 7S26-0050 and modded a full size 7S26-0040 instead.

The refurbished 7S26-0050

Hope you have more luck.

Kind regards
Dave

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi John. Thanks for the kind words. Hey, sorry mate, I meant to drop you an email. Sort of, good news & bad news on the 7A38. The good news was that the circuit was A1, the bad news was that there was a lot of water damage to the movement. Anyway, it reminded me that I had numerous part damaged movements etc (you know how it is) so I set about trying to consolidate things. At the moment, I have 3 7A38 movements that are "almost" working ;D . Just need a bit of time spending on them.
Once I get one fully working I will rebuild a beater using the case etc you sent me and a rather nice black dial I have. I know it'll be a franken and PaulS will never forgive me ( :) just kidding Paul) but since it won't get sold on, its no big deal.
I'll post pics when it's complete but .... don't hold your breath .... lots of stuff competing for time at the moment.
Kind regards
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts